Updated:
Hi guys thanks for your responses! The owner say the guitar is barely used so I don't think there's any damage. I will check the guitar before really purchasing it from him. I have had the classical guitar for about 1 and a half years but I'm still somewhat at a beginner standard I would say xD I'm not allowed to spend more money on another more expensive guitar, hence the decision to buy this one I will ask the owner for more details and get back to you!

If a guitar has high action is it really difficult to play or will sound quality be affected?

HERE ARE A FEW MORE PICS
http://imgur.com/IeD49YH
http://imgur.com/nFvS8sD

Hi guys!

I need help desperately! I found a barely used Nikko Acoustic Guitar for USD$32 and am considering buying it. The price reduction must be because it is not entirely new. Based on online research a rough estimation of the price would be around $80. I currently have a classical guitar and I wanted to try an acoustic one. I am aware that Nikko is some cheap chinese brand but I was wondering if it is still passable or worth the $40. My most important concerns are that it would be very difficult to play (e.g High action, narrow neck) or the sound quality will be horrible ><

Here is an image of it: http://imgur.com/ptZhQcy

Do provide some advice as I greatly appreciate it!

Thank you for staying on to read the entire message if you did xD
Last edited by 7114120535 at Feb 4, 2015,
I haven't heard of that brand but I wouldn't bother for that price. If the owner is selling it that cheap there's a good chance it's unplayable or broken. Do you have any more pictures of the guitar? The one you posted could potentially be hiding a lot of problems.

You already have a classical guitar, so I'm assuming you are at least a bit serious about playing? If you are, I'd suggest saving up for a better guitar as it will be worth it in the long run (Consider it an investment).
Looks like a really low quality guitar and that price say it. If you have another pics of the guitar share with us to see the entire guitar (the back and the head). Like derek say, save some money and buy a better guitar of other brand (like Fender, Ibanez, Cort, Yamaha, Takamine, Epiphone, etc). Maybe it's more expensive but worth it.
Well for $32 I doubt that it's gonna sound amazing, but it will sound like a guitar. Some cheap models don't sound half bad. There's a very good chance that the action will be extremely high and that might be one of the reasons that the seller is selling it. For me that would be no big deal because I have the tools and knowledge to set it up myself. It can be tedious and time consuming but it's not difficult. You could also pay someone to do it but then you'd probably be paying more for the set-up than what you did for the guitar.
Hi guys thanks for your responses! The owner say the guitar is barely used so I don't think there's any damage. I will check the guitar before really purchasing it from him. I have had the classical guitar for about 1 and a half years but I'm still somewhat at a beginner standard I would say xD I'm not allowed to spend more money on another more expensive guitar, hence the decision to buy this one I will ask the owner for more details and get back to you!

If a guitar has high action is it really difficult to play or will sound quality be affected?
Quote by 7114120535
...[ ]...If a guitar has high action is it really difficult to play or will sound quality be affected?
Yes, but ostensibly for the better. A high action increases the guitar's projection and overall volume. Many bluegrass players opt for heavier strings and higher actions for that very reason. This can also be true for players with a heavy touch in any genre, especially those who specialize in rhythm.

Now the bad news. Moving over from a nylon strung instrument, a high action steel string will most likely raise havoc and pain with you, and possibly even dampen your interest in pursuing playing it.

Most of us here opt for, "LAPWOB" (*) action, along with strings no heavier than "acoustic light", (.012 to .053). Even with those criterion met, adjusting to the steel string will still take a bit of time for you.

My suggestion for you is to buy a "Rogue" acoustic from Musician's Friend. One of these wouldn't be very much more than the used guitar you're looking at, and you'd have a bonafide dealer with a shoulder to cry on, should that become necessary.

(*) Low As Possible With Out Buzzing"
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 4, 2015,
you can easily damage a guitar without playing it - it can fall over while in the stand, as one common example. it can also be kept at too high a humidity for an extended period of time, which can lead to braces detaching inside or at too low a humidity which can lead to cracking a non-experienced owner wouldn't even notice but that could spread over time.

very high action makes guitars very hard to play. for me, playing with too-high action may have caused some permanent wrist damage. but having a guitar's action lowered costs money, and it doesn't sound like you'll have any cash to spare.

i'm with Captaincranky here - buy a rogue starter guitar. we bought one and it's not bad; in fact, for the price, it's outstanding. it's shaped like an oversized classical but is made for steel strings. if you have a problem, musician's friend will take care of it for you. they have great customer service. other guitars in its price range are basically crappy toys, but it plays and sounds like an actual guitar ;-)
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!