I'm torn between getting the new Mark V 25, and just a Mark V head. Lately as I've been so busy I haven't had as much time to jam with my drummer and I generally and just playing/recording at home. I would like to get some sort of 2x12 cabinet but I'm not sure which kind of Mesa Cabinet I should get. $$ is not an issue (for once!) (i've been saving for a loooong time)

Thanks for your help guys!
So your question is about the MARk V vs Mark V 25 or about cabs?

If about the heads, then do you use a clean channel?
If you do need, it, I'd get a Full Mark, since at gigs(Even in a studio) the amp might break up far too early.
If you would like the amp just for the distorted tones, then i'd get a 25 version.
About cabs, it doesn't need to be a specifically a Mesa cabinet. If you're in the US, look at Avatar cabs. They can make you a custom cab for not too much.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Some people have told me that closed cabs are better and some have told me to get an open cabinet. I'm just not sure.

As far as the heads go, I think the 25 watt would just be so much easier as it's so much lighter and it gets surprisingly loud, but if somebody can convince to get the Mark V go for it!

There's an overwhelming amount of settings on the Mark V and the V:25 is a wee bit more simple.

But my main question is what kind of cab/speakers would sound best with these amplifiers.
For death metal stuff I would recommend a closed back cab. Sound a bit better for that IMO.
Any Cab with V30's would do the job well. I'd just get the cheapest Mesa cab with those(Which is the Rectifier cabs I think).
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Celestion V30's are pretty well the standard for most metal genres. However there are many many options for speakers, and they all have their own voicings. I would start with V30s, and go from there. I have a Mark V with a closed back 2x12 and its monstrous.

Late edit: ^^^ ninja'd.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Feb 4, 2015,
I'd suggest the Mark V with the Mesa Thiele 1x12 cabinet housing either an EV-L or an Eminence Delta ProA. It's closed back, capable of handling a LOT of power, and ported to take advantage of resonant frequencies down to the '50's. Powering those frequencies cleanly takes some some serious power.