In light of the recent series of talks such as the JTJ (Jet Talks Jazz) series. Since there's way too much focus on sound in this forum and not enough on time. I've been thinking about continuing the tradition and doing a series on time (Golden Talks Time), specifically the abstraction of time onto the two-dimensional medium known as paper.

If there's enough interest, I'll think about writing some lessons. Topics will include things like irrational meters, polyrhythms, nested tuplets and metric modulation.
That would be pretty interesting. There can never be enough material about that stuff online, so yeah
0/10 No aliteration.

Yeah I'd be a fan. You should start with teaching people the difference between 3/4 and 6/8 and go all the way up to tempo canons.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Okay, I guess there's enough interest. Jet I'll see what happens as I write them, but it'll mainly be about providing people with a set of tools.
Oh yeah totally.

That wasn't so much a demand as it was an example of the near endless ground you could (should) cover. Duration, after all, is the fundamental element of music.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp