Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Boogie Strat produced by Greco as an impulse purchase because it was cheap, and I was missing a Strat. Looked through loads of threads and forums and the only place I can find an identical picture of the pups and headstock transfers is an auction site that sold one in 2012 for $4000.

Does anyone have a link to a definitive Greco site, I've tried loads, where I can accurately date and possibly price the guitar.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.
pics of identical guitar attached
I think they made a few different ones. They had an BG800 model and a BG1400 model (obviously higher end). They came with angled headstocks, string-thru construction and 3 pups with switching options for humbucking modes etc...

Cool guitars, not worth 4k though. Maybe 600 bucks. The 1400s might get a higher price though.

Here's the 81 Greco catalog page with the BGs:

Might be more handy if you could read Japanese

Also, just so people don't get confused, this isn't a Boogie like VH's guitar body. That's a completely different company.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 4, 2015,
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

It's a reissue, I think the orginals were neckthrough, not bolted. Also, originals had rail pups.

Well here's a real one for 700 bucks:

http://www.jauce.com/auction/g142692286

and here's (what I think is) the reissue for around 500:

http://www.jauce.com/auction/t403624306

Looks to be same spec as the Ebay one.

Fleabay MIJ pricing tends to be steep.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thanks Rob and H4, it certainly isnt the 80's spec according to the pictures you posted..
I am just going to resize the pics I have as the pups are a completely different config with a 2 1 1 setup.
Back soon.
You have 2 body shots and no headstock shots. Your first post has no pictures. That's not a BG guitar from what I know though.

Speculation time: I can't find anything related to a guitar like that in the BG line or even the SE (traditional F style). What I CAN find about the guitar is that it's produced by Greco for SEA markets (I only see them for sale in Filipino/Malaysian/etc... auctions) as beginner/starter guitars for under 10000 yen (85 USD).

I'm guessing this is what the guitar looks like:

if so, then it's no BG.

Quote by m3ngc
Ok guys, resized files of headstock & pups.

that's not a headstock.... that's a body
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster