So I’m buying a new speaker (weber blue bulldog alnico) that will be delivered next week. The problem is that I won’t have a lot of time to get it broken in since I’m heading into the studio just a few days after.

Instead of playing my guitar through it for 12-15 hours, I was thinking of feeding some sort of pink noise through it (minus the super lows and super highs, of course) with my mp3 player. But I would like to avoid wear on my preamp tubes if possible.

Could I feed my mp3 player through the effects loop to avoid touching my preamp tubes? Would It make a difference? Is this dangerous?

Is there another, easier way to break in speakers when you’re in a bit of a hurry?

Thanks!
Why not use a loop pedal to cycle a riff through it for a while?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
JustRooster, first of all because I don't have a loop pedal, hehe. Second because my point is bypassing the preamp to avoid wear on the tubes.

Fly135, thanks for the comment!
Depending on your FX loop the thing might not work, but it will not harm anything.

If it works then it's all good.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have run a radio/cd or any type of music and your just fine. I'd leave it for at least 20-30 hours at loud volumes
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Why dont you pay $10 to have it Pre-Rola directly from Weber?

And yes you can do that with an amp to break in a speaker, higher volumes are necessary though and for a good amount of hours
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
I didn't buy it from weber directly but from a canadian supplier. He did it for a few hours but not as much as I would have wanted. I can do the rest though...

Diabolical, a friend of mine will make me a pink noise sample that spans the full guitar frequencies so it will be more efficient.

I will post it here when I have it
You can get this:
http://www.tropicalcoder.com/AudioTestFileGen.htm

With that program you can create sound files of any frequency a guitar can generate.
Then just run them in a loop from your mp3 player.

You can also use the "Generate Sweep Wave" function with E2 as the "Start" and E5 as the "End".
Then loop in for 10 hours or so.

For shits and grins I just created 5 files, with durations of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 seconds and played them through Winamp set to repeat.
Sounds a bit annoying, but interesting.

Edit:
Or you can use the "Generate Sine Wave" function for each note from E2 to E5, 1 second duration each.

Edit2:
Actually, just for the hell of it, I'm going to do that right now.
If you wanna wait a few minutes, I can zip them all up and put them on my dropbox account if you want.
Either way, I'm gonna generate the files anyway.

Edit3:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70950813/Audio_Test_Files_E2_To_E5.zip
Last edited by CodeMonk at Feb 6, 2015,
Quote by CodeMonk
You can get this:
http://www.tropicalcoder.com/AudioTestFileGen.htm

With that program you can create sound files of any frequency a guitar can generate.
Then just run them in a loop from your mp3 player.

You can also use the "Generate Sweep Wave" function with E2 as the "Start" and E5 as the "End".
Then loop in for 10 hours or so.

For shits and grins I just created 5 files, with durations of 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 seconds and played them through Winamp set to repeat.
Sounds a bit annoying, but interesting.

Edit:
Or you can use the "Generate Sine Wave" function for each note from E2 to E5, 1 second duration each.

Edit2:
Actually, just for the hell of it, I'm going to do that right now.
If you wanna wait a few minutes, I can zip them all up and put them on my dropbox account if you want.
Either way, I'm gonna generate the files anyway.

Edit3:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70950813/Audio_Test_Files_E2_To_E5.zip

Thanks!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
nice! thanks code for that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/