Ok, so I know how to lower the strings but my problem is that when I lowered them to where I wanted all the notes on the frets sounded the same. Not sure if I messed something up or if I'm just gonna have to play higher than I would want.
Have you checked the neck relief?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Have you checked the neck relief?

Not sure how to do that that, Im a newbie guitarist. I was however messing with the truss rod a lot cause I thought it had to do with lowering the strings.
Quote by hurricane0202
Not sure how to do that that, Im a newbie guitarist. I was however messing with the truss rod a lot cause I thought it had to do with lowering the strings.

Fret the low E string on the first fret and the last fret.
You should just be able to get a business card in between the fret and bottom of the string. This is the easy DIY way to check neck relief
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
what type of guitar is this and can you post some pic's?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You should just be able to get a business card in between the fret and bottom of the string. This is the easy DIY way to check neck relief

The usual suggestion is to fret the string at the first and 17th frets (the working part of a truss rod on most guitars doesn't extend past that) and check the relief at the 7th fret. You should barely be able to pass a *new playing card* between the fret and the string (a business card varies in thickness far too much).
Quote by Robbgnarly
Isnt it supposed to buzz when its too low? Its not buzzing, Its just all the notes on the frets are the same. And when i go to the saddle and raise the strings higher the notes gradually start come back on the frets.
Quote by dspellman
The usual suggestion is to fret the string at the first and 17th frets (the working part of a truss rod on most guitars doesn't extend past that) and check the relief at the 7th fret. You should barely be able to pass a *new playing card* between the fret and the string (a business card varies in thickness far too much).

What ever dude
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
what type of guitar is this and can you post some pic's?

My guitar is a cheap guitar I got online and the Ive never heard of the company that makes it, It says ISIN on the headstock. My Les Paul was stolen unfortunately, so Im stuck with this until I can work another guitar into my budget.
Quote by hurricane0202
Isnt it supposed to buzz when its too low? Its not buzzing, Its just all the notes on the frets are the same. And when i go to the saddle and raise the strings higher the notes gradually start come back on the frets.

That means it is touching a fret somewhere
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by hurricane0202

First, since you don't know what you're doing, treat the truss rod like a sore peter and quit screwing with it...

Then find and watch a few videos that explain how to set string height.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfuP4yLesG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dEZxBykRto

Then slow down, take your time and do it right.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
First, since you don't know what you're doing, treat the truss rod like a sore peter and quit screwing with it...

What the previous guy said. Resolve to not touch the thing for a day or two, and use the time to educate yourself via a variety of YouTube videos until you feel like you can confidently adjust a guitar to your liking in the following areas; Neck relief, action, pickup height and intonation (NAPI).

Then, and this critical, take a step back and understand despite the confidence you now have, you probably can't set up the guitar properly in one try. Take it slow, be patient, make tiny adjustments, and wait before making further adjustments. Follow the order of NAPI so that your hard work intonating your guitar isn't undone when you set your neck relief later. Remember that it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to set up an axe, but all it takes is one overanxious DIYer to render the truss rod unusable.

Good luck, let us know how it goes and how you plan on using your newfound superpowers.