Page 1 of 2
Seriously; a young adult like me should be able to handle peas and other nutritious delights.

For some reason with food I don't like, it takes me like 20x longer to finish it versus food I do like. If I could train myself to eat through the stuff I don't like at a comparable pace versus the food I do like, I'd eat more healthy food!

Or if there was enough time during the day, I would suffer through eating shit at a snail's pace. But ain't nobody got time for that; I got people to see, places to go, etc.

So yep
Not sure, I wish I could do it. Like I can't stand most dark vegetables so the only way I can eat them is by juicing and adding fruit to it. Some foods people may just never acquire a taste for. I don't care what it's on I'm never going to like mustard.

I'm sure it can be done with certain foods. Like, if someone had never eaten chicken or beef. Giving them some mcdonalds wouldn't be the best representation of those foods.
Last edited by Wormholes at Feb 5, 2015,
Eat more of it
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Just do it. There's nothing physically stopping you from eating healthy shit really fast. Its just that you don't want to.
Embrace the suck
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Man, people have to train themselves to eat healthy foods? No wonder people are so obese

The only food I could understand people not enjoying eating is lady fingers, because it just feels like you're eating something that somebody just jizzed into...
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
peas are inedible everything else just push through it and save the good shit on your plate for after as a reward
Peas (like all vegetables) are delicious, I really don't understand how people can dislike veg so much

If you don't like veg then just smother it in gravy
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Eat food you actually enjoy. Our body eats food to gather proteins, specifically amino acids. There are 21 amino acids. Our body can make 13, but we still need to eat 8 from food. Where do we find these? Well, all food that grows out of the ground, fruits veggies nuts and beans, all contain all of the essential amino acids EACH. That's right, you can live off of only 1 food if you calculate it right. You can live off of honey alone, just too show an example of the power of food.

I eat fruit and nuts and beans and I am perfectly fine. I throw some grapefruit, berries, bananas, oranges, ect, and maybe some greek yogurt, and some ice into a blender and blend that shit and eat it over the course of a few hours. After that I snack on nuts, cashews, pistachios, almonds, brazil nuts. Then I might make a bean and rice and cheese burrito with wheat tortillas, which is actually the least healthy part of my day. Thats it, you dont need to eat anything you dont like as long as you enjoy things that taste better and more fresh than jamba juice.

edit:
If you feel that vegetables are actually important, then you can grab some mixed veggies, cut them up into tinier pieces, throw them on a pan with 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1tbst of organic coconut oil and some cinnamon and nutmeg and grab a top raman packet, use only a little, then stir that all and sautee those veggies and then boil them noodles and then combine and enjoy. East panda expresss. Like meat? Well, throw some chicken in there too, easy peasy
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Feb 5, 2015,
Also eating veggies with other food works good too. I don't really like the taste of eggs (not a veggie obvs) on their own but with bacon and some other stuff it tastes great.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
peas are inedible everything else just push through it and save the good shit on your plate for after as a reward

I'm vegetarian and I hate peas.
But, and this is a very important distinction...
Its the canned variety I hate.
Fresh peas I like.

With the exception of corn and maybe a few other vegetables, I CAN'T STAND CANNED VEGETABLES.
Most of the time, canned vegetables are gross.

Quote by Bladez22
Peas (like all vegetables) are delicious, I really don't understand how people can dislike veg so much

If you don't like veg then just smother it in gravy
Most people don't know how to properly prepare vegetables.
My mom falls into this category. Most of the time she boils vegetable.
And not just for 2 or 3 minutes, more like 20 or 30 minutes.
You either steam, stir fry, or eat them raw.
Any other method is just wrong and ruins them.
Raw broccoli, sometimes with a little bit of ranch dressing as a dip is very good.

I hated vegetables as a kid.
Turns out, my mom is just a really bad cook.

My last GF is a vegetarian and she was/is a DAMN GOOD cook.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Feb 5, 2015,
With the selection of millions of food items and combination and variations of them it blows my mind why someone would eat one that they don't like or have the desire too.

Why don't you make it a goal to try more foods? You could start by picking a culture you don't know know much about and look up recipes or go out to restaurants. Go with your friends or family and all order something different, try eachothers and switch if you don't like it. App platers are your friend as well.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by CodeMonk
I'm vegetarian and I hate peas.
But, and this is a very important distinction...
Its the canned variety I hate.
Fresh peas I like.

With the exception of corn and maybe a few other vegetables, I CAN'T STAND CANNED VEGETABLES.
Most of the time, canned vegetables are gross.

Most people don't know how to properly prepare vegetables.
My mom falls into this category. Most of the time she boils vegetable.
And not just for 2 or 3 minutes, more like 20 or 30 minutes.
You either steam, stir fry, or eat them raw.
Any other method is just wrong and ruins them.
Raw broccoli, sometimes with a little bit of ranch dressing as a dip is very good.

I hated vegetables as a kid.
Turns out, my mom is just a really bad cook.

My last GF is a vegetarian and she was/is a DAMN GOOD cook.

this is very, very true. Most people overcook the shit out of vegetables

I personally like canned and frozen veg, but its more out of convenience than anything. I don't have the time nor energy to prepare fresh veg all the time. I just stick them in water, bring it to the boil, then drain them right away and serve

and raw veg is the best, especially carrots

Also, a great way to eat more veg is to hide it in other food. For example, dicing up an onion pretty finely, then adding to mince when making chilli/pasta works great, you can't taste the onion at all. It makes the meal much healthier and bulks up the mince quite nicely
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Last edited by Bladez22 at Feb 5, 2015,
Lately I've just been having a glass or two of V8 juice every day to make sure I get the vitamins and stuff from vegetables that I need. I don't care for most vegetables, but I do like this juice, so you could try finding an alternative like that.
My strategy with broccoli is wolf that shit down quickly and with as little chewing as possible.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
plenty of vegetables have a pretty mild taste. i don't understand why so many people dislike them so much. if i didn't know better, i'd assume their thought process is something like, "oh no, this stuff doesn't taste absolutely friggin' fantastic, i can no longer eat any more of this!"

if there are vegetables on my plate that i'm not particularly a fan of, i just finish them off before allowing myself to eat the rest of my food. everything tastes better when you're hungrier.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Feb 5, 2015,
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Eat food you actually enjoy. Our body eats food to gather proteins, specifically amino acids. There are 21 amino acids. Our body can make 13, but we still need to eat 8 from food. Where do we find these? Well, all food that grows out of the ground, fruits veggies nuts and beans, all contain all of the essential amino acids EACH. That's right, you can live off of only 1 food if you calculate it right. You can live off of honey alone, just too show an example of the power of food.

What the actual fuck are you talking about lol? You can't live off just amino acids, they're just required for certain bodily processes. By your logic you can just walk into a health or bodybuilding shop, buy a load of BCAAs and chug that all day with water. Show me anything claiming any vegetable has all the amino acids in, and in the right proportions.

Also, you still need to eat stuff to create the non-essential amino acids, and there are so-called 'semi-essential' amino acids that are not as easy for the body to create, or are created but not in high enough levels through bodily function alone.

Your body needs protein, carbs, fat, fiber, vitamins, minerals etc. People's optimum diets are also heavily dependent on the sort of lifestyle they lead, their nutritional/dietary goals and on their current level of health. A bodybuilder is quite possibly going to eat 2-3 times as much protein a day as the RDA for the average adult, and less carbohydrate than a lot of people.

Fruit and veg may contain some amino acids but they're very low in actual protein (as complete proteins, that is) - you couldn't get all your dietary protein from these alone, without eating a ridiculous amount of them (and likely taking in way too much of something else).

Edit: Also, there are 9 essential amino acids, not 8; 6 amino acids are 'conditionally essential'.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
What the actual fuck are you talking about lol? You can't live off just amino acids, they're just required for certain bodily processes. By your logic you can just walk into a health or bodybuilding shop, by a load of BCAAs and chug that all day with water. Show me anything claiming any vegetable has all the amino acids in, and in the right proportions.

Also, you still need to eat stuff to create the non-essential amino acids, and there are so-called 'semi-essential' amino acids that are not as easy for the body to create, or are created but not in high enough levels through bodily function alone.

Your body needs protein, carbs, fat, fiber, vitamins, minerals etc. People's optimum diets are also heavily dependent on the sort of lifestyle they lead, their nutritional/dietary goals and on their current level of health. A bodybuilder is quite possibly going to eat 2-3 times as much protein a day as the RDA for the average adult, and less carbohydrate than a lot of people.

Fruit and veg may contain some amino acids but they're very low in actual protein - you couldn't get all your dietary protein from these alone, without eating a ridiculous amount of them (and likely taking in way too much of something else).

you can create carbs in your body through positive energy
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
weed grows out of the ground

bring back the drug thread
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Lol you need to learn to harness the energy of the nuts and seeds because from them whole trees can grow
Last edited by So-Cal at Feb 5, 2015,
Another tip I could give is research which foods compliment each other. You know how you have crave a glass a milk when you have peanut butter, or how a burger taste better with some lettuce or veggies although you wouldn't necessarily eat those veggies on their own? Well its the same concept with meals. Try different combos of meat, starch and veg. Make plates of foods that are different colours.. Take a bit of one, then another, and taste the flavours together rather then completing each on their own.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by So-Cal
Lol you need to learn to harness the energy of the nuts and seeds because from them whole trees can grow

i do quite enjoy harnessing the energy from nuts lol
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by DisarmGoliath
By your logic you can just walk into a health or bodybuilding shop, buy a load of BCAAs and chug that all day with water.

You lift more than me, what do I know.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by stratkat
I only eat food I like, the only thing you need to train yourself to like is cheap booze.

this is also great advice
YOU GET USED TO IT BROS!

I forced myself to eat a jar of saurkraut about a month back because I know it's very good for you and I'm getting freaking old.

I haven't had it since childhood, and I remember puking at the very thought of it.

Well, 30 years later I said fk it and I got a jar. I cringed the first and second time...then magically I actually ENJOYED it. Just by itself. It ain't far off from pickles.

Same thing with Kale a while back. I started juicing it, then I said to hell w/ it and just ate it. Then same thing with wheatgrass.

It was all more of a health thing than actually LIKING eating it. But, you eventually get to the point where you actually like it...or at least don't mind it at all.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
plenty of vegetables have a pretty mild taste. i don't understand why so many people dislike them so much. if i didn't know better, i'd assume their thought process is something like, "oh no, this stuff doesn't taste absolutely friggin' fantastic, i can no longer eat any more of this!"

if there are vegetables on my plate that i'm not particularly a fan of, i just finish them off before allowing myself to eat the rest of my food. everything tastes better when you're hungrier.

From what I've seen disliking vegetables is largely due to texture and mouthfeel.

I don't dislike much now but i think the hardest one for me to eat was snakegourd because it was bitter and slimy. I'm okay with bitter and slimy but I had never had it combined before so I had to eat it a lot to get used to it.
cat
What sweathog said. If I don't like the taste of something and it's healthy, I'll eat it about 5 times and by then my taste buds will be conditioned to somewhat like it. Something like apple cider vinegar took me a little longer to start to enjoy but most things I get used to pretty fast.

It's kind of like guitar practice. You suck at the instrument at first and improve the more you practice. So essentially, train your taste buds to appreciate foods you don't like by eating them repeatably.

That's how it works for me. I'm guessing other people are the same. Attitude is one of the biggest factors here too.
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Food is an adventure to be explored. Explore! Try different preparation, different food groups, seasonings, sauces, and melted cheese. All vegetables taste better with enough beer! Most foods are an acquired taste and we often don't love them at first. Over time the hidden savory flavors reveal themselves. I have traveled internationally quite a bit and there are few dishes that I do not choose to eat. So many flavors, so little time.

I say this while scarfing a magnificent homemade German-style cabbage stew with potatoes and sausage. Yum!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
RE: to people suggesting to try new foods

Trying new foods is something I want to do. Surely there's some combination of fruits and vegetables out there for me that I actually like and give me all the nutrition I need; I just need to find them.

Thing is though is that I still live at home with my parents. I'm at the mercy at whatever my mom cooks up [some of it's great, but a lot of is meh].

I could buy/cook my own food but that would entail spending money that I'm trying to save up for moving out.

...And I've never tasted raw broccoli. I want to try it so bad; my mom only ever steams broccoli so I have no idea what it tastes like raw.

**** maybe peas are delicious raw, who knows
Combine them with foods you do like, in ways that seem natural and not some juvenile attempt at eating your greens. For the most part, you're struggling because of associations you made as a kid. Grow up and break down those barriers.
Quote by E7#9

I could buy/cook my own food but that would entail spending money that I'm trying to save up for moving out.

...And I've never tasted raw broccoli. I want to try it so bad; my mom only ever steams broccoli so I have no idea what it tastes like raw.

Just try it. Next time you see broccoli in the fridge, slice off a small sprig, wash it, season with a little parmesan cheese or Italian dressing and pop it in your mouth. Bam!

Find some hot babe who knows how to cook and tell her you are interested in learning about food preparation and cooking. "Could you teach me??"

Food is fun.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
i hate tomatoes, im 26 and i can 100% say i hate them. i dont mind things that are made from them but a slice of raw tomato disgusts me. i also dont care for corn for whatever reason.
some foods you will just never like.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Page 1 of 2