Hello peeps. As you see by the title I'm trying to see which one I want to buy.

I've owned an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty and I sold it. So I've technically played a les paul custom. I loved the sound and the quality of the guitar but the neck was too thick for me. I honestly didn't like the 3 pick ups either

Now the LTD model is their take on a les paul Custom. Double binding, Thicker body, 22 frets instead of 24, and so on. The only cons to this guitar are purely cosmetic since the neck is a bit thinner than a les paul. The LTD doesn't have the beautiful inlay at the headstock unlike the les paul and lists the model number at the 12th fret.

Now you say, "Who cares what it looks like?" I do. Im the one buying it. Now another thing, is their an epiphone les Paul custom that has a thinner neck similar to the LTD or all they all just baseball bats?

Thanks peeps. Also, I'll be yanking all the gold hardware out and putting chrome in to go for something like the bottom pic.

**EDIT I took the pic of the headstock off so you can google it If ya wanna look at the sexy thing. Thanks.
Epiphone-necks baseball bats? Don't know what to say to that...

The necks on the Epiphone Les Pauls are usually pretty thin. Very thin relative to a Gibson fat 50's profile found on the 2014 Traditional. To call them baseball bats makes little sense to me, and just tells me you have few reference points.

I can't see much difference between the ESP U-shape and Epiphone necks, other than in a noticeable difference in shape - where the Epi is more rounded and the ESP flatter on the back (though definitely not as flat as Ibanez Wizard II).
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Out of all the LP's I've owned, my old Epi Custom had the fattest neck and I didn't like it that much at all. Was the main reason why it sat in the rack and then got sold. Other than that I couldn't fault the thing. Just keep in mind that regular customs don't have the triple humbuckers. My question is if you like the guitar all except for the neck, how good are you with working a spokeshave and file? Its an Epiphone after all, theyre dying to be modified...
I own four Epi Les Paul's and none have fat necks. The best neck profile for me is the Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus with the "D" shaped neck (fatter at the top and thinner at the bottom) If you want to get an idea of that shape just look at your own hand between your thumb and forefinger and that's the shape of the neck. Very comfortable to me.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
The LTD "U" shape does feel slightly thinner than an Epi neck (I have the LP Custom) but the the Epi is nowhere near the real baseball sized necks of Gibson's 50's style like has been said. Honestly it's not a huge difference to worry about between the two. I would just go for the Epi in this case...it's still close to the traditional LP Custom look.
Yeah Epiphone LP's don't have what I would call thick necks. I think they're exactly average in size, which makes sense as they're such popular guitars.

LTD EC necks are slightly thinner, but they're both in the same sort of ballpark. There's not a world of difference between them. I prefer the EC necks simply because I prefer D shaped necks and the LTD's neck profile is slightly flattened on the back, like a D.

But if you do have the chance to get an EC-1000, I would.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Les Paul custom guitars usually have a 50's rounded neck so feel quite chunky which I like, Standards have either a 50's rounded profile or a 60's slim taper. The ESP more than likely has a slim neck profile. My Epi custom has a chunkier neck and I love playing it.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
But if you do have the chance to get an EC-1000, I would.

Agreed. I'm bias, as I'm not particularly an Epiphone fan, or by extension, LP's, but I've had great experiences with the EC-1000 and would definitely recommend them over pretty much any Epi LP.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by extinctguitar
Les Paul custom guitars usually have a 50's rounded neck so feel quite chunky which I like, Standards have either a 50's rounded profile or a 60's slim taper. The ESP more than likely has a slim neck profile. My Epi custom has a chunkier neck and I love playing it.

This might be true for Gibson....

just not for Epiphone

90% of all Epiphone LesPauls (regardless if Custom, Standard, Classic or Studio) have 60s slim taper type necks,

they differ cause of the different sanding skills of the different employees in the different factories.....
Sorry guys, I just got home from work so I haven't been able to respond until now.

I used "baseball bat neck" as an exaggeration to how thick the neck was. Basically It was too thick for my tastes. Sorry bout that.

Now I've only owned the Black Beauty model way back when. I know for sure it was a D shape, and the only guitars I owned at the time and still own are C shaped. I'm not saying that I prefer something over another, but at the time I didn't take the fact that they are different shapes consideration.

Now I've recently played a few Epi Customs (I'm not fibbing lol) and one neck felt fine, then one was too fat, then one was in the middle. Basically I'm still unsure of which one to get. Since they are roughly the same price, give or take 100-200 dollars, which one has better build quality? Electronics I can replace and so forth. Thanks guys.

PS, They only had Epiphone Les Paul Customs and Not the LTD I mentioned here in GC and SA in Nashville. That's why I'm asking for insight on both companies build qualities.
Scratch that, Epiphones Are 550, and the LTD is 969!! Now is the LTD really worth that much more?
Quote by Sir Stoney
Scratch that, Epiphones Are 550, and the LTD is 969!! Now is the LTD really worth that much more?

Yes. They're better quality guitars overall.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee