Page 1 of 2
Let's talk about sleep (or lack thereof).

Are you a morning person or a night person? Both perhaps? Do you usually sleep too little or too much? Or do you find yourself switching between the two?

Do you dream?

Have you ever fallen asleep with your guitar in hands? I definitely have.

Discuss
~GEAR~

'93 Fender Duo Sonic Reissue

'84 ProCo Smallbox RAT->Fulltone OCD->Akai E2 Headrush->Acoustic Model 470/Acoustic 105 4x12
I always sleep with my gitah.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I don't get enough, and when I do I massively over sleep

I've been having really vivid dreams recently, I don't normally dream, but the past few nights I've been having some weird ones
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I only sleep about 5 hours a night.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by thief_of_fire

Are you a morning person or a night person? Both perhaps? Do you usually sleep too little or too much? Or do you find yourself switching between the two?

Do you dream?

Discuss

night
too little on weekdays (3-4 hrs)
too much on weekends (10-14 hrs)
yes I dream.
when I played I did. waking up with string imprints on your face is not nice.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
night
yes I dream.
when I played I did. waking up with string imprints on your face is not nice.

This is me word for word, except I still play.
~GEAR~

'84 ProCo Smallbox RAT->Fulltone OCD->Akai E2 Headrush->Acoustic Model 470/Acoustic 105 4x12
I keep falling asleep at stupid times and getting up at midday. I hate it cause all my friends are asleep by the time I fancy going out and doing something!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Bladez22
I don't get enough, and when I do I massively over sleep

I've been having really vivid dreams recently, I don't normally dream, but the past few nights I've been having some weird ones

This.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by theguitarist
night
yes I dream.

my sleep patterns as well
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I get the same amount of sleep every night: 7 hours.

Doesn't matter where I am, what I'm doing, or what day it is. I refuse to allow any of these variables to control when I decide to shut down and wake up again. I don't care if this behavior impedes any nebulous notion of "success" either. If you **** with my sleep-time, I will make your life a living hell to the point where you wish you never bothered me in the first place.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Feb 6, 2015,
Unfortunately, working graveyard shift means daytime sleeper.

I'd often either wake up WAY too early and can't go back to sleep, or oversleep and miss out on half the whole day. Additionally, feeling very achy and tired. I hate it.

But as of lately, I've been sleeping just right. Still wake up achy everyday though.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
all sleep is awful so i guess eventually you gotta hack it
i don't know why i feel so dry
I need 7-8 hours, any less and I can barely function. I wish I wasn't so dependent on sleep.
Quote by Eastwinn
all sleep is awful

Sleep is where dreams come from. Avoiding sleep is analogous to the same fear that those with "self-control" have about taking psychedelics. They're afraid of having no control. Authority is their fetish.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
i don't sleep very well or very efficiently any way. It wouldn't surprise me if i was getting very little rem sleep

i attribute this to having a ****ed up sleep schedule for about 4 years
Sometimes I almost fall asleep while doing shredding exercises. Something about the sound, I swear I am 90% drifted away and still playing
CUrekntly beeN Akkawake forr 26 hoours no stoppping now thobhgh becauese Wales vsw Englendds on at 8.

Needdd mee morreee CAFIIEENe yayyy.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I'm more of a night person. Mornings can **** off. I don't sleep enough because I keep going to bed too late and wind up really restless. Sometimes I have loads of dreams that I remember in one night, but I often go days without remembering any.

And yes, I've fallen asleep with a guitar in my hands. On a few occasions I've been idly jamming, only to nod off for a few seconds, wake back up and pick up from where I left off.
I have nothing important to say
Mornings are nice because sunrises are beautiful.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I don't think I sleep very well because every morning I can vividly recall my dreams and I think that's a sign that I never hit really deep sleep. I also get sleep paralysis a lot during naps and that really ****s with my body when i wake up. I tend to just start drinking beer and that makes me sleep better once i fall asleep.
I'm a morning person that doesn't get enough sleep so I get extra cranky
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by chev311e
I don't think I sleep very well because every morning I can vividly recall my dreams and I think that's a sign that I never hit really deep sleep. I also get sleep paralysis a lot during naps and that really ****s with my body when i wake up. I tend to just start drinking beer and that makes me sleep better once i fall asleep.

Quite the contrary, vivid recollections of dreams is actually a tell-tale sign of deep REM sleep, the part in your sleep cycle where you actually recover energy.
~GEAR~

I did this thread a while ago but meh.

I actually recently switched to sort of being a morning person, with brute force.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
one time I was playing guitar outside and I fell asleep leaned up against my house.
(take note this is a Texas summer and its about 95-100 outside)
when I arouse from my slumber my pick guard had melted.

Btw:I'im an insomniac and go days without sleeping and sometimes I will just crash
Alright;ler its been 38 hours and it is now finally time to SLeeppP

**** me. ;_;
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by thief_of_fire

Do you dream?

Discuss

Night person. I tend to sleep in a lot on weekends because I have nothing to do.
Yep
Nope

I like sleep. End discussion
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
My preferred hours of being awake is from around 8/9pm until 6am. I've always had trouble sleeping at night(without drugs). For some reason even if I'm on a normal sleeping schedule I can still easily fall asleep in the middle of the day with the sun shining and the tv blaring.
I seem to function best when I go to bed at around 11:30-midnight and wake up at 8:30-9 AM.

Any less than that and I'm groggy, achy and I generally just feel like shit.

So that said I'm more of a "day" person. Neither morning or night.
I currently sleep at 11 pm or earlier (except on Saturday nights when I stay up late and take an afternoon nap) and I wake up at 6.

I used to consider myself a night person but now I think those classifications are dumb because they limit one's ability. I seem to perform equally well at all times of day if I get enough sleep and don't eat too much. I do love afternoon naps but mainly because they are right in the middle of the period of time in which I am awake. I could just as easily do other things instead of napping.

It is easier for me to sleep too little than too much since I don't have much time and I always dream when I sleep. However, if I decide I want to sleep I usually fall asleep really fast.
cat
as a child i slept like any average kid. 6 or even 8 hours at most.
Since i was a teenager, about 14, i couldn't get less than 12 hours of sleep per day to feel rested, and still this persists to this day.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Time is an illusion, night owl/early worm is changed for the circumstances you are in, no matter what it looks like outside.

Keep a dream journal by your beds, you can learn a lot from yourself if you write down your dreams.

To say dreams arent real, would be like saying reality isn't there when you close eyes
Quote by Nero Galon
Alright;ler its been 38 hours and it is now finally time to SLeeppP

**** me. ;_;

don't give in at 38 hours, you'll miss all the fun
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
My sleep cycles suck. I work some mornings and some nights, so I never sleep at a consistent time and I'm pretty much always tired. Wheee.
Page 1 of 2