Thinking about starting a subscription based service to deliver guitar strings

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in an idea I had. Basically I am thinking about starting a subscription based service that would deliver guitar strings on a monthly basis so you wouldn't forget to go out and buy new strings and it would make things super convenient.

Just trying to get some general feedback on what you guys think about this idea.

Thanks!
I don't think it's a good idea. You can order strings online as it is. If you forget to change your strings, so what?
Free Ali
Prolly should throw in other things like plectrums and cheapo tuners as kind of a lootcrate thing
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Prolly should throw in other things like plectrums and cheapo tuners as kind of a lootcrate thing

Yeah I was thinking that kind of making it a loot boxes with guitar goodies in there as well each month.
A lootcrate idea would be much better. Picks, t shirts, strings, pick holders, other little accessories. Strings is just dull. It's easy to just order them bulk online and have your strings for the next couple of years in a £20 order.
Id buy a guitar loot crate. I wouldnt sub to get just strings.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I am so happy to know that someone out there is willing to hold on to my card information to systematically take my money every month in exchange for guitar-goodies. I'm glad you're catering to the "damn-I-broke-my-strings-at-the-end-of-the-month" crowd. The entire "damn-I-broke-my-strings-at-the-end-of-the-week" crowd is just gonna have to get its shit together if they want the streamlined life you're offering. Our hero.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
I don't think there's a very big audience for it. People who don't replace their strings that often wouldn't want to receive them every month, and people who regulary replace their strings usually buy them in bulk. I got a good deal on some D'addarios and i probably won't need to buy a new set for at least six months.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Ehhh. If i need strings I wouldn't forget to buy them. I'd just go out and get them...plus Guitar Center's string club thing is nice. If I wanted to go cheap and get some regular old slinkys I can walk out paying nothing once a month. Which brings up another point, it's not a bad idea completely but chain retailers have driven the cost of strings down considerably...ya gotta be competitive with pricing.
I would be into this except I use flatwound chromes and they only die like once every 3 to 6 months.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
It would have to be dirt cheap for anyone to care. If you own a six string you could spend less than $30 on strings to last you a year. And would you have all gauges too, for people that play ER and 7+ strings? You would make them right? Because you can't just buy strings from people in bulk and sell them to others you'd have to go into business with the companies which would never let you do this.