Hey guys, I'm new to the community so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Anyway I have been playing acoustic guitar for about two years, and bass guitar for a year. Whilst I enjoy messing around with jazz songs on bass and folk and what not on the acoustic, I'm thinking of making the leap to electric guitar. I would be using it mainly for leisure (as oppossed to school practicals) and be playing classic rock riffs and some Arctic Monkeys.

So this idea seems really nice to me, the only problem is I'm wondering is getting an electric a good idea based on the music I'll be playing (Arctic Monkeys etc.) and if so any reccomendation on which guitar is good to start on?

All the best, Charlie.
sure why not. as for the rest we'd need a budget and more info on what you'd want to play to give you more advice on what guitar. as always yur best bet is to try a few out and see what you like.
Yes, by all means if you think it will make you play more or better. However, the guitar is just part of the deal, you also need to budget for an amplifier and a few bits and pieces. - The amp is really the most important part of the sound chain, so the guitar and amp should be considered together if possible.
Last edited by Tony Done at Feb 6, 2015,
You're not going to get anything close to an objective answer. Of course we're all going to say to get an electric!

And yeah for rock stuff an electric is pretty handy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some fender tele for that money? If you don't have an amp I suggest spending more on an amp, whilst get something like a Yamaha Pacifica(1 humbucker, 2 single coils).
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by CharlieMcc
Budget of maybe up to €700

you should be able to get something pretty nice for that kind of money, so no worries there- that's a very nice budget

could you give us a few bands whose songs you'd like to play? so we can narrow down the types of tones you need.

also do you only play at home or will you be gigging? if you're only playing at home, how loudly can you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Classic Vibe/Vintage Modified Tele/Strat and amp untill we know more.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yes get it, iam learning on one right now, I got a les Paul jr and a 10 watt frontman amp.
Iam haveing fun