So I've never had too many pedals as I've always been in to the multi-effects, but lately the multi-effects aren't doing it for me so I've slowly been gathering a collection of pedals.
As the title says I'm looking for the best signal chain when ordering my pedals, but I'm a little unsure as to the ordering of them.
I have a reverb, delay, compressor, overdrive, looper and a tuner pedal.

I figured the compressor would be first to compress the entire signal chain, with the reverb being at the very end so it wont reverberate the entire signal. as for the others I'm not too sure.. If I were to guess I'd set it up as follows:

compressor>overdrive>delay>reverb>looper>tuner>amp

If anyone is able to help me out and maybe give me some tips to help me out in the future it would be much appreciated.

I'm also running a Tele in to a Yamaha THR10 if anyone is interested.

Thanks

EDIT:

I've confused myself as I review this post.. at the very start of the signal chain will apply its effect to everything in front of it right?
Last edited by vayne92 at Feb 6, 2015,
Overdrive closest to the amp, delay just before it. The rest will probably work in any order, just put the overdrive last thing before the amp.

I use this

Analog Delay>Phase Shifter>tuner>Overdrive>Distortion>Volume Pedal>A/B switch into two amps. When I use my wireless it goes to the front of the line.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
I think most people would go opposite to what Pete is using.

Delay and phase usually go after OD and distortion, and most people put the tuner first so you can mute the whole chain and get the cleanest signal into it. I think delay before distortion sounds crappy, you can decide for yourself but most people put delay as far back in the chain as possible.

I would go Tuner>Compressor>OD>Dist>Delay>Reverb>Amp.

The looper can go in a few places, I would put it between delay and reverb but it depends on if you want to apply effects after the looper.
Quote by Roc8995
I think most people would go opposite to what Pete is using.

Delay and phase usually go after OD and distortion, and most people put the tuner first so you can mute the whole chain and get the cleanest signal into it. I think delay before distortion sounds crappy, you can decide for yourself but most people put delay as far back in the chain as possible.

I would go Tuner>Compressor>OD>Dist>Delay>Reverb>Amp.

^^ There are no firm rules but this is my setup and is pretty common amongst us guitarist types. Feel free to experiment with other setups though. Music would be pretty boring if we all did it exactly the same way.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Feb 6, 2015,
you pretty much have it right and in reality the tuner will probably work anywhere. but a scientific explanation may be that - to get the best possible accuracy, you want as pure of a signal right out of your guitar as possible, and not mucked up by anything else in the way, so put the tuner as close as possible to the front of the chain.

logic seems reasonable. i would personally move the tuner up, but yeah you got it.

i also run delay after reverb. not sure if thats normal or not.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)