I've recently found a pretty good amp with nice overdrive and 6505+112 combo that shakes the ground. Price range 300 $ For Stock A New one? Can it support medium - small gigs? Anyone has it?
Your being a bit too vague.
what type of music?
will you be micing the amp?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
With a mic you can use something like a EPi. Blues Junior. By you mentioning a 6505 I guess you'll play metal?
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Go with the 6505+ combo for sure
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i don't think a 6505 would be good for thrash or even death metal. Too modern sounding for me IMO. Perhaps a used Randall RD50 combo? More suitable in my opinion.
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
i don't think a 6505 would be good for thrash or even death metal. Too modern sounding for me IMO. Perhaps a used Randall RD50 combo? More suitable in my opinion.

6505 can cover pretty much any metal style. pretty sure that's why its a metal staple

the 6505+ combo is 60 watts and plenty loud enough for most small to mediium gigs.
Quote by monwobobbo
6505 can cover pretty much any metal style. pretty sure that's why its a metal staple

the 6505+ combo is 60 watts and plenty loud enough for most small to mediium gigs.

It's a metal staple because it's cheap and sounds decent. But yeah, if a 6505 is too modern sounding(Like for me), Ts, I suggest that Randall.
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Fryderyczek
It's a metal staple because it's cheap and sounds decent. But yeah, if a 6505 is too modern sounding(Like for me), Ts, I suggest that Randall.

while the combo may be on the inexpesive side the head isn't. for modern metal it is the go to amp because it delivers. the combo is really tough to beat for the price and performance.

OP your title mentions the VIP which has a 6505 mode but isn't the same amp at all. pretty sure that is a 30 watt non tube amp and by itself probably isn't up to what you want without it being mic'd.