Hi guys,
I want to exchange my Epiphone SG Special and Digitech rp55 for Ibanez rg470.
What do you think, how much would I need to pay extra?

Thanks
is it one of the japanese-made 470s?

are there any upgrades to the 470?

big problem with the 470 (if it's an MIJ one) is the trem- it's a lo-trs which is prone to wearing out. other than that the guitar is pretty nice, but the trem is a bit of an achilles heel.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is this a fantasy deal where you wondering how much extra people would want ontop of the gear trade?

You will be lucky to get $150 for your guitar and RP55, it is just cheap beginner gear
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Mang88
Dave, I will find out where is it made.

Robb, guys with Ibanez wants to exchange his guitar for cheaper one + money.

Here are some specs and pictures:
V7 neck, S1 middle, pot v8

http://i.imgur.com/1sGWTQO.png
http://i.imgur.com/QSLYKEj.png
http://i.imgur.com/TElkJTB.png

Cool I didn't know if it was a real deal you had working on or just hypothetical
So how much money does he want on top of your gear?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Mang88
Neither I nor he doesn't know hehe

go on ebay and see what his type of guitar has SOLD for recently in the completed listings. Do the same for your gear and decide what a fair amount to cover the rest is.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A second hand SG Special + RP55 couldn't be worth any more than $200. Offer him $100 on the trade and consider yourself marginally in front.
Charvel / Godin / Peavey / Marshall / AMT
Quote by Mang88

yup

still has the mediocre lo-trs trem, so budget for swapping that at some point (unless you want to block it). but yeah other than that it should be a nice guitar, if mine is anything to go by. seems to be completely stock, as well (stock pickups).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I'm not too well up on arias at all unfortunately. So I can't help there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ummm... a site in english might help a little (and yes i know many here speak other languages but you know us english speaking folks just gotta bitch when it's not)

Aria makes some pretty decent guitars. sadly they kind of faded from the scene here in the US.
Oh, OK. Sorry.
He isn't talking there much about that guitar. He says that it has maple alder 24 frets, fresh setup, and it is new. He wants my guitar because doesn't like Aria. He says it is more for rock/metal. Here you can hear it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXg_t7li7w
a little research tells me that that aria is a low end guitar but seems like a fairly decent one. never even seen one so can't tell you much more. if it appeals to you then can't see any reason why not, go for it.
This deal also failed. Guy is too fat, and he doesn't like travelling..
I got a new offer.
Ibanez GRG270B
It is in good condition, he doesn't like floyd, and that is the reason why is he looking to trade it.
http://www.njuskalo.hr/elektricne-gitare/gt-gt-ibanez-grg270b-oglas-14291807

How much would I need to extra pay him, or how much would he extra pay me?

Thanks
Last edited by Mang88 at Feb 20, 2015,
Guy is too fat, and he doesn't like travelling.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
OK guys, I just need your opinion which guitar is worth more, and who should pay extra?
Straight swap is what I'd do, both are cheap guitars an he's getting the rp55 also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate