I've got a Bugera 333 Infinium head and was wondering what the damping is. It's currently set on low and haven't ever touched since I have no clue what it does. What's the point of it, does it affect your sound at all?
It affects the tightness of your lows and highs. Low is fat and punchy and high tight and dry. You can consider it as resonance and presence controls of other peaveys turned to 3 presets.

I always have mine on loose. Medium i use sometimes with my 7 string. High in my opinion is too tight and neuters the sound. Medium is tight enough for everything.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by PiercedBand
What's the point of it, does it affect your sound at all?
It should control the negative feedback on the power amp.

Basically if it's set to high you're sending more low frequency material to the power amp with opposite polarity, hence you end up getting less low end.

In short the higher it is, the tighter your signal is.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Okay, thanks guys!! So it won't mess anything up if I mess with it? Guy I bought it from told me to leave it in 16 ohm impedance and mono only. What is the point of stereo?
Quote by PiercedBand
Okay, thanks guys!! So it won't mess anything up if I mess with it? Guy I bought it from told me to leave it in 16 ohm impedance and mono only. What is the point of stereo?

Your now talking about the ohm selector not the dampening switch.

did you buy the amp and cab from the guy? if so follow his advise

Your amp is only a mono amp anyways, so it can't do true stereo
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 7, 2015,
Quote by PiercedBand

Yes it wont mess anything. It has nothing to do with impedance and such sensitive things. It could very well be located in the front panel since its all about tweaking your tone. But you might want to turn the amp in standby when changing it. It wont break anything but it does make a loud POP from the speakers when switching it if the amp is playing mode.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Yeah, I know I'm talking about 2 different things now. So, I'm not going to mess with the impedance then. I got a total steal, $300 for both the cab and head. *puts on a smug face* But what is the difference between the stereo and mono settings?
Quote by PiercedBand
Yeah, I know I'm talking about 2 different things now. So, I'm not going to mess with the impedance then. I got a total steal, $300 for both the cab and head. *puts on a smug face* But what is the difference between the stereo and mono settings?

That's not too far from normal, I sold my 333 for $175 with all new tubes. Those cabs tend to run $150ish used.

If your not using the FX loop, you can set t he levels on the back so it will act as a solo boost by just tapping the FX button on the footswitch.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate