Page 1 of 2
I was working at my local Save-A-Lot in December, and all of a sudden these two men wearing all black walked in and pointed guns at the clerk, demanding cash! I was in the isles stocking stuff while this was going down, but the Mexican store manager, or "full-time clerk" started panicking and sketched the robbers out. The clerk working the register was compliant though, and escaped with no injuries. Seriously though, why rob Save-A-Lot? You'd get way more robbing a Walmart or Kroger...

Anyone else ever been stuck up?
Whites aren't the minority in my town and it's a nice peaceful beach town so no.
Last edited by Wormholes at Feb 7, 2015,
i bet the getaway driver didn't abandon them like you did to your friend
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I had two of my bikes stolen when I was a kid.

I think that's it
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by theogonia777
i bet the getaway driver didn't abandon them like you did to your friend

Why do you have to keep throwing that in my face?
I rob Save-A-Lots because the police never bother to really investigate anything, because so little actually gets taken.

Sure, you have to rob 2 or 3 times as many as you would if you were robbing an upmarket place like Walmart, but it does actually make you feel like you earned the money.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
started panicking

Why?

Your life is never below the value of anything contained in the store. Being a "hero" is the most selfish thing anyone could do in that situation. Just breathe, let them take anything, and notify the police when they've had their fill and dashed off. It's just stuff. ****ing stuff. It doesn't matter, no matter how many tantrums folks may throw later about their value and etc... it's your life for Christ's sake.

OT: The pharmacy I used to work for a few years back got robbed on my day off. The pharmacy manager working at the time smiled at the guy holding a handgun towards him, tossed him the drugs he demanded, and continued working as if the guy wasn't there. He said the guy seemed a little confused at first, but then ran off shortly after the altercation before the store manager even knew what happened. Security these days makes it kind of hard to get in and out of a store's parking lot without a storm of cameras recording you.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Feb 7, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
No because the UK is a civilised country without guns

everything I know about the UK I learned from Guy Ritchie movies, Top Gear, and Doctor Who.

The Guy Ritchie movies would lead me to believe that your statement is not accurate at all.

But I forgive you because of Doctor Who.

On topic, I have never been robbed in person. My wife's motorcycle was stolen last summer, but we weren't there for it.

lots of robberies and burglaries in my town. we have a strong hispanic population, but most of the crimes are committed by white meth head tweakers looking for shit to steal and sell. Mexicans mostly get busted for DUIs around here.
Dude, I play bass. I don't get paid for anything past the 4th fret.
Quote by Zaphikh
Why?

Your life is never below the value of anything contained in the store. Being a "hero" is the most selfish thing anyone could do in that situation. Just breathe, let them take anything, and notify the police when they've had their fill and dashed off. It's just stuff. ****ing stuff. It doesn't matter, no matter how many tantrums folks may throw later about their value and etc... it's your life for Christ's sake.

I guess they start panicking because there's someone with a ****ing gun, because he lives in a country more barbaric than Cimmeria(and I'm not talking about a very old name for the Crimea).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Wormholes
Whites aren't the majority in my town and it's a nice peaceful beach town so no.

ftfy
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I guess they start panicking because there's someone with a ****ing gun, because he lives in a country more barbaric than Cimmeria(and I'm not talking about a very old name for the Crimea).

I guess I've lived in an environment where I know (beforehand) that panicking because you see a gun is one of the most foolish things you could do to yourself and everyone around you. If you were blessed to live a peaceful life before the event, then panic is understandable, but it's still not a good idea.
Quote by CaptainCanti
ftfy

If that was true we would have tons of robbing and voilent crimes. But we don't because most of the people that live here aren't uneducated hoodrats. The ones that are just burn down empty buildings once every two years but that's it.
Quote by Zaphikh
I guess I've lived in an environment where I know (beforehand) that panicking because you see a gun is one of the most foolish things you could do to yourself and everyone around you. If you were blessed to live a peaceful life before the event, then panic is understandable, but it's still not a good idea.

Knowing that panicking is a bad idea =/= not panicking

I've seen firefighters lose it when a steak gets flambe'd.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Knowing that panicking is a bad idea =/= not panicking

I've seen firefighters lose it when a steak gets flambe'd.

Okay. There's nothing desirable about being someone who is prepared for a gunfight 24/7 either. Consider like a sliding scale: the more prepared you are for battle, the more you are thinking about it at any given moment, the more paranoid and cursed you truly feel in the long haul. It's hell, and it's sad that a lotta guys live this way in the South because at the end of the day, it means there's no trust. Living a life where you cannot allow yourself to trust for the safety of your own life is punishment enough in some cases.
That's pretty true, just a lack of trust too prevalent. in almost all cases murder could be prevented with not making sudden movements/keeping calm and cooperative, it sucks but that's just the way society's set up sometimes...

Hitting up the gun range though makes for some fun timez
Quote by Fat Lard
That's pretty true, just a lack of trust too prevalent. in almost all cases murder could be prevented with not making sudden movements/keeping calm and cooperative, it sucks but that's just the way society's set up sometimes...

Hitting up the gun range though makes for some fun timez

It's just our outward manifestation of justice:

Shooting empty cans that sit on the fence.

For folks not from the US, there's a popular idiom that goes, "the emptiest can rattles the most"; in other words, those who talk too much usually have nothing of importance to say. Fence-sitters are the very reason that social issues become prolonged. Society frowns upon humans that carry out their wrath on each other, but it has little to no issue at all with humans taking out their wrath on metaphorical figurines. Freedom of Speech, yadda yadda...
I stole people's hearts with a camera once... (except this one person's.... )

Hell yeah Zap
i got pick pocketed.... does that count?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
yes held up @ knife point next question

I've had my car broken into but I've never been robbed.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by luciferiad
lots of robberies and burglaries in my town. we have a strong hispanic population, but most of the crimes are committed by white meth head tweakers looking for shit to steal and sell. Mexicans mostly get busted for DUIs around here.

same thing here, there's ice addicts ****ing everywhere.

anyway, I've never been robbed personally, mainly because I used to be one of the local petty thieves/minor vandals, and to cover my tracks I robbed our house a couple times.
my dignity has been robbed a couple times
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Let's see... I've had my phone stolen in high school twice (though I got it back the second time), my middle school ring stolen and sold from when my dad's van was stolen (they found his van though), and my iPod stolen twice in high school.

I got the iPods back eventually, but the second time, I had to go through hell to get it back from a former friend who stole it AND sold it at school. I didn't even lend it to him. He just asked what I was listening to and took it out of my hands and when I asked for it back he just said he didn't have it. Luckily, he sold it to another friend of mine who gave it back. Probably never got his money back, and that saddens me. :/

So yeah, I think I win.

And for poops and giggles, my mom got held up. The guy pointed a gun at her in the parking lot and asked her to drive somewhere, but she just said something like "I ain't taking you nowhere." and literally walked off into the store and told the police. Surprisingly, nothing bad happened at all.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 7, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
"I ain't taking you nowhere." and literally walked off into the store and told the police.

So good.

Hell hath no fury like a scorned woman.
I had my handbag stolen in the middle of the night. 4 burglars broke into the at about 1:30am house by forcing our front door open, whilst my parents and I were asleep in our bedrooms. My mum woke up because she heard them move and disturbed them so all they managed to grab was my handbag. They took my kindle, nice watch, bus pass, purse with ID and bank cards etc. And to top it all I had an exam the next morning for which I'd only received the letter for that evening. So I'd put the letter in my handbag to show my boss before I went to the exam so he would understand as it was all so last minute.

It was a horrendous night and it took my mum about a week to get over the shock of disturbing them. We were very lucky they didn't steal my parents car or any of my mum's jewellery that was downstairs. I didn't do very well on that exam.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

well two nights ago this dude knocked on my door at like 730pm. I answered because I was also expecting company around the same time, and my peephole doesn't work...

anyways, he was this dude posing as some ADT salesman. He gave me this whole spiel about how he could install some shit for free and none of it made sense and he really wanted to get inside. He basically asked if I had time and started walking in the front door until I was like "no no no". He then gave me shit because I didn't want to install a security system that could save my life some day. He then left after I told him I wasn't interested like 20 times. AFter that I searched google and apparently it's a thing where people pose as ADT salesman and try to scam you into signing something or steal something when they are inside.

Basically it freaked me out and I'm still a little freaked out because he might have also been scoping my house out to rob later. I was gone the last two nights and I was worried I'd come back to my house all broken into, but it's fine now. Still just gotta keep an eye out
Quote by chev311e
well two nights ago this dude knocked on my door at like 730pm. I answered because I was also expecting company around the same time, and my peephole doesn't work...

anyways, he was this dude posing as some ADT salesman. He gave me this whole spiel about how he could install some shit for free and none of it made sense and he really wanted to get inside. He basically asked if I had time and started walking in the front door until I was like "no no no". He then gave me shit because I didn't want to install a security system that could save my life some day. He then left after I told him I wasn't interested like 20 times. AFter that I searched google and apparently it's a thing where people pose as ADT salesman and try to scam you into signing something or steal something when they are inside.

Basically it freaked me out and I'm still a little freaked out because he might have also been scoping my house out to rob later. I was gone the last two nights and I was worried I'd come back to my house all broken into, but it's fine now. Still just gotta keep an eye out

There are so many of those guys in Australia there's a (very small) campaign to raise people's awareness.
Some people tried to rob one of my dad's motorbikes a few years ago, but he had the garage door set up so it couldn't be forced open. They made so much racket everyone woke up and they ran off, like the little loser pussies they were.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by chev311e

**** shoulda been like i don't need an alarm my german shephard does a good enough job at mauling intruders legs off
Quote by So-Cal
**** shoulda been like i don't need an alarm my german shephard does a good enough job at mauling intruders legs off

should have been like

i don't know how y'all city folk do it

but all i need are ma dogs and ma winchester
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
Seriously though, why rob Save-A-Lot? You'd get way more robbing a Walmart or Kroger...

Walmarts and Krogers have more loss prevention methods and are considerably more able to convict and aid in arresting a robber than Save-A-Lot is.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
I ****ing hate Save-A-Lot, it's legit the worst grocery store. Working there ****ing sucks. First off, if you accidenbtally scan an item worth more than $1.99 more than once, you have to call a manager to come and override the system for you. Before you go home you have to have the manager count your drawer, and if you're over $1.99 off, you get written up. You also have to have a manager supervise you while you take out the trash. ****, I'm glad I quit that shit and found a better job.
Quote by APileOfDeadCops
I ****ing hate Save-A-Lot, it's legit the worst grocery store. Working there ****ing sucks. First off, if you accidenbtally scan an item worth more than $1.99 more than once, you have to call a manager to come and override the system for you. Before you go home you have to have the manager count your drawer, and if you're over $1.99 off, you get written up. You also have to have a manager supervise you while you take out the trash. ****, I'm glad I quit that shit and found a better job.

Retail sucks man. Even when I worked at Lowe's (which is not that bad, if you want a better job, get clean and apply if you have one in your town, it can be a great job!) there were a bunch of inconveniences I had to deal with all the time.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Page 1 of 2