rant rant rant whine whine

[edited because quite frankly I'm not prepared to entertain this kind of attention seeking - SS]
then you won't be needing access to the forums will you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

your the typical blue pill person
Quote by lalopunk
your the typical blue pill person

I know this guy's banned and the thread is essentially over... but this is hilarious!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Same here, I laughed yesterday when I read it

All I can say is...

See ya...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I know this guy's banned and the thread is essentially over... but this is hilarious!
He can probably access the forum from his granny's computer, just not post to it So, it could be that this thread has just begun.

That being said, I have to ask, "were we supposed to care"? It's obvious that our mod isn't sensitive to his emotional hardship and needs:
Quote by steven seagull
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 8, 2015,
If this wasn't like one of 30 rant threads in the last day Seagull would probably be a bit more sensitive.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Quote by Captaincranky
This thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1669364 seems to have pushed Mr. Punk over the edge, as his more hostile engagements and rants AFAIK, started afterwards. For exactly what extenuating reasons, I know not.

Oh no, our freshly banned friend has been a member for a while and made a habit of showing up every so often to post about "talent" and whatever else. Never had anything else to say or time to listen to anyone.

This banning has been a long time coming!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, i think the ban is better for all parts here. He clearly was frustrated and needed to vent his emotions, and the forums is not a place for that, it is a place to help you get better. If all you do is rant and say that everything comes down to the talent you were born with, you need to get put in time out and reflect on your thoughts.

On a more serious note (and hopefully a good life lesson), i was somewhat in his position when i finished highschool. I was very frustrated with my playing and was on the road of quiting guitar and music all together. So what did i do? I put the guitar down and traveled around the world for 2 months with a friend, isolating myself from music and giving myself time to reflect on what i wanted to do with the rest of my life. When i came back, i picked up the guitar with a new mindset and realized things can't be forced, they come with time, discipline and loving what you do. And for two years now i have been able to live on only doing music related things, so it payed off.

Hopefully he will come back as i did, with a changed mind.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
In fairness he is posted this thread after already being warned for an earlier one so it was a second yellow, not a straight red if you're wondering what he originally posted its copied pretty much verbatim in MT too.

If he stops posting rambling twaddle proclaiming how he knows more than everyone else I'll stop locking his threads - that goes for the rest of you too!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I really didn't want to comment on this thread, but I've seen multiple posts from the user that was banned. On the topic about how "talent" is needed in order to achieve instrumental related goals. Honestly to me it just seemed like a bunch of foolishness. I remember in one thread he made I commented on how you need a specific mind set in order to reach technical prowess on the guitar.

I went in full detail explaining how if it were easy then everyone would be doing it. I explained how discipline is needed in order to reach your goals, and how you can't get where you want over night. He just brushed my post off and ignored what I said coming at me with aggression.

Then again reading through his recent posts, and threads were interesting. It really confirms that limitations are merely mental. OP thought he couldn't do something, and that's why he hasn't achieved it. It's hard to learn any instrument with a pessimistic mentality.

Especially the guitar it's not something that you can gain instant gratification from. It takes dedication, and hard work the instrument it self is very unforgiving. Go a few days without practicing, and you won't be able to play as well as you could when you were practicing. If Op really thinks that talent is the determinative for being highly skilled. Then I highly doubt seeing him really going anywhere in life.

There's always some kind of excuse to be made from people like this instead of understanding that failure is part of the process. They'd rather whine, and spread their negativity we really don't need these type of people around here sadly.. Hopefully OP can change and realize that his way of thinking isn't right.