I am currently using a 5150 into an old Peavey Windsor cab (not great but is decent), and this rig is working well enough for me and my metalcore band. However, I saw a craigslist post in my area for a Mesa 4x12 cab with v30s for $350, in near perfect condition. This seems like a pretty neat deal to me but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any experience with these cabs? Should I go for it?
If it's in decent shape that's a sweet deal. I'd make sure the cab really had those speakers in it when you bought it (I'm paranoid) but yeah I'd grab it if you have the scratch for it.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
buy it. verify the speakers though. that is a really good price, almost concerning. usually they are $500+. mine is a little beat up, and i still paid like $450 for it. i use mine with my mesa MKIV.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Where I live, people want $800 for a cab like that, even if it's beat to shit. If you don't buy it, I'll murder a kitten. But do check to verify the speakers.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
I agree grab it, but check the speakers. just remove one of the handles and look in the side.

Remember a those Mesa cabs also came stock with the Black Shadow (CL-80) mesa makes and it is vastly different than the V30 loaded cab
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Okay sweet, I'll look into it. I didn't really expect to be shelling out $350 right now but it seems to be worth it
I purchased a Mesa oversized 4x12 with v30s a few months ago for exactly $350 on craigslist also. Verified the speakers, and the guy let me bring my amp and test it at whatever volume I wanted. It had a bunch of scratches on it and a tear in the grill- but otherwise was pristine. Id say its not necessarily too good to be true. I would definitely buy it.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69