Ok, so I'm recording an album at home. I'm either renting a solo 610 or buying an mpa 2 for my preamp which i will use to record guitar and bass (with amp sims) and vocals (using sm57 and/or 4041) and will record drums at a studio. My question is simply to ask for any advice from more experienced producers. Can I get away with this? ( I have a decent knowledge in recording). Do you feel having one pre-amp is too limiting? Is there anything I must consider to have the best possible recording I might miss? Thanks.
What audio interface do you have?

You don't need fancy pre's really, especially if you're doing this at home on the cheap.
Acoustic treatment is gonna be more effective.

Also get good mixing and mastering engineers, or only a mastering engineer if you feel like your mixes are gonna be good enough.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have a CI1. How would a preamp not help me? And what are some of the best acoutic treatments I can do at home? the guitar and bass are recording through sims, and vocals im just using a casing around the mic
Last edited by tyle12 at Feb 8, 2015,
See my thoughts in your thread in the other section.

As for the acoustic treatment, it depends on the size, shape and content of the room.
To put it simply, you would have to put sound-absorbing stuff (such as glass wool) on the walls to avoid your sound to cause bad sounding reverb and echo.

What kinda casing are you using around the mic?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.