Hey guyz, im kinda caught up in a situation here. I play a cort X1 (been a year) and have a zoom g1xn. I want to upgrade to a better processor now, mainly for metal (bfmv, trivium, lamb of god etc). I have decided some processors in my budget - Zoom G3x, G5( if worth the extra bucks), boss me- 70. So a pricessor that can give tight n heavy distortions and heavenly cleans, and is better for live situation. Also im worried, if my guitar may bottleneck the processors??? If there is a better pedal in this budget out there then plz suggest it.
I would suggest a Line 6 Pod 500HD. The amp sims are much better than on the boss and the zoom IMO. Do you have an amp or a powered speaker?
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Personally I prefer the Zoom. For me, it beats the Line 6, but it's more of a preference thing than anything else.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Buy some used stomb boxes!!! FTW lol, I hate processors, but Im interested in what's a good processor now, I had a Digitech GNx4 and it was pretty cool, but it completey destroyed any sense of natural sound my guitar had. Sold it for thirty bucks, bought a VOX wah pedal, and never looked back.
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
Thnx for d opinions everyone but, man I m on a real tight budget here and still hope that I'll be able to find any worthy upgrade over zoom g1xn. Stompboxes are the best but r over the budget. So, if anyone who can tell me if Zoom G3x can serve the purpose or should i try Zoom g5 or boss me-70.
Whats your budget? And is there any reason that you want to upgrade from your G1XN, or do you just want something new?

I've been using a Line 6 POD HD Bean for a while, its like the HD500, but in a desktop format, and I like most of the sounds that I've been able to get out of it. I didn't get a manual for it since I bought it used, but it still has a pretty friendly user-interface, and isn't very complicated to set up. If you could find one used thats what I'd recommend. I got mine for $250CAD iirc.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Stompboxes are good if you don't need individual presets that you can switch to quickly.

As a word of advice, I do not recommend that you purchase a sub-par processor at this point. I'm not entirely sure how well the Zoom G3X holds up against the POD HD500X. Eventually, you might become dissatisfied with the Zoom. I imagine the POD is superior.

I would save up for the POD.
+1 for the pod. The only way you'd beat it is if you'd get a TC electronic G-major(And that's only effects).
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by Will Lane
Stompboxes are good if you don't need individual presets that you can switch to quickly.

As a word of advice, I do not recommend that you purchase a sub-par processor at this point. I'm not entirely sure how well the Zoom G3X holds up against the POD HD500X. Eventually, you might become dissatisfied with the Zoom. I imagine the POD is superior.

I would save up for the POD.

I prefer the Zoom

Its kind of like comparing Fender to Gibson. The Zooms are on a par with Line 6's kit, it just boils down to preference.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I prefer the Zoom

Its kind of like comparing Fender to Gibson. The Zooms are on a par with Line 6's kit, it just boils down to preference.
The Zoom is roughly half the price of the POD. I imagine there is some reason for that higher price tag that is hopefully outside of markup n' such. If not, neat.

OP, try both if you can.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 8, 2015,
Quote by Kirkcrimson
I had a Digitech GNx4 and it was pretty cool, but it completey destroyed any sense of natural sound my guitar had. Sold it for thirty bucks
Somebody got a great deal on a GNX4. Eight track recorder, Jamman looper, compact flash storage, and MIDI drum machine in that thing.
The GT-100 is good if it's mated up with a good tube amp, ie, you don't want the amp modeling. Otherwise, Pod HD500X.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by GaryBillington
I prefer the Zoom

yes and no. they are different. the HD500x amp sims are better IMO without a doubt. the effects are closer and comparably on par.

it depends does he want to use amp sims? if he doesn't need amp sime then one of the m9 or m13 would be nice of if that isn't a big factor look into the zoom.

op try them both.

OP what is your budget?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you want to play your guitar get the zoom or Boss ME 80 or something. If you want to sit farting around for 3 months messing with settings and getting a seriously poor sound get the HD500. Simple.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.