I own a crate vtx212. I bought at a pawn shop a few months ago. I realized pretty quick that there was a 60 cycle hum coming out. I have tried multiple things to reduce this him but nothing works. I bought a vtx200 to replace. Anyway, was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction to find the him. Capacitor/resister that maybe the problem or if I should just use the speakers as extensions to the vtx200. I have tried different outlets, different homes, different wiring but nothing has changed.

I am competent in soldering. I am competent working on electronics but not when it comes to tracing problems any and all help suggestions is appreciated
Play the Art that Plays
Quote by bastratard
I own a crate vtx212. I bought at a pawn shop a few months ago. I realized pretty quick that there was a 60 cycle hum coming out. I have tried multiple things to reduce this him but nothing works. I bought a vtx200 to replace. Anyway, was wondering if someone could lead me in the right direction to find the him. Capacitor/resister that maybe the problem or if I should just use the speakers as extensions to the vtx200. I have tried different outlets, different homes, different wiring but nothing has changed.

I am competent in soldering. I am competent working on electronics but not when it comes to tracing problems any and all help suggestions is appreciated
Have you tried a different guitar? Preferably one with humbuckers.
have you checked the speakers themselves? may be a bad connection or a blown speaker.