Page 1 of 4
And Beck needs to respect artistry, he should have given his award to Beyoncé...We, as musicians, have to inspire people who go to work every day, and they listen to that Beyoncé album, and they feel like it takes them to a different place.
Is there no end...?
People need to leave Kanye alone. I think guys like him (and Andy Dick, but to a lesser degree since he goes overboard) just play the part to entertain people/make them question things. I read some redditer post that alluded some rapper that programmed a video game as a kid as being really misunderstood, and being bummed out about it. And this guy said he was very smart, and I guess sone other redditors pieced it together/dectectvated that he was talking about Kanye (as he didnt want to name-drop to hurt street cred). Hollywood news in general is just weak IMO
He went overboard with the harsh Beck critticism and should have just played it off that he was doing it light-hearted to mask his ego, but fkng eh you cannot deny that Kanye's music is boss
Quote by Fat Lard
He went overboard with the harsh Beck critticism and should have just played it off that he was doing it light-hearted to mask his ego, but fkng eh you cannot deny that Kanye's music is boss

some of it is good, some of it is total shit, so yeah, I can deny that.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
well, I mean Kanye > Beck so who cares rite
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by Fat Lard

kanye is overrated he is a weak rapper and average at making beats with most of the good shit being lifted from others
Quote by Fat Lard
People need to leave Kanye alone

oh trust me i want to but the internet wont let me

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
What a gayfish.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
so much h8 for the messiah
Quote by ErikLensherr

The fact people are still mad about Morning Phase winning album of the year is hilarious to me. Do the Beyonce fanboys know they look more or less the same to an outside observer as the Jonas Brothers and Bieber fans did when they lost best new artist to Adele and Esperanza Spalding, respectively?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The thing that annoys me more is that Beck was sucking Kanye's Dick, saying that he was excited he was coming on stage, how Beyonce should have won the award and how Kanye had released lots of amazing albums.

The guy needs to grow a spine and set of balls, it's pathetic.

I'd punch Kanye in the face and shove my grammy down his throat.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
The thing that annoys me more is that Beck was sucking Kanye's Dick, saying that he was excited he was coming on stage, how Beyonce should have won the award and how Kanye had released lots of amazing albums.

The guy needs to grow a spine and set of balls, it's pathetic.

I'd punch Kanye in the face and shove my grammy down his throat.

Sounds like someones got anger probs.

OT: Kanye sucks and is totes fag so this shouldnt be news.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Sounds like someones got anger probs.

Not exactly, it just irritates me how brain dead he is. He has such an ego complex and thinks he can do what he likes, but if anyone complains about what he does he just pulls out the race card and starts stating that he's black and that people are racist against him.

And Beck is pathetic for the way he reacted, basically praising him for it. That's what irritates me more.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
thinks he can do what he likes

You're saying he doesn't?

And I didnt watch the Grammys or whatever, but Beck handled it well from what I saw (and don't the winners usually say something corny like "oh man those other guys deserved it too, I'm so lucky to win" *thank you list*)

Seemed to just be improv-ing the event, a self-aware joke.
Beck's only good album was Midnight Vultures. Kayne's only good song was "Monster" and it was only good because of Nicki Minaj.
Quote by bradulator
Kayne's only good song was "Monster"

lol, sure there buddy You're right though, he's definitely no artist when compared to mid-west scene, Taylor Swift, etc.
When people drop the 'multi-instrumentalist' tag as if it's some godly talent. Anyone could play like 4 instruments in the space of a day, so talent, much diverse
Quote by ErikLensherr

If you haven’t heard the news, I should let you know that it’s happened again. Kanye West has taken to the stage at a major music awards ceremony to protest the supposed snubbing of Beyoncé. Once more, the poor winner of the award had to politely stand by, bemused at the breaching of the unspoken awards ceremony code of conduct. Poor Beck. Poor Taylor Swift. Whatever.

What the latest incident has made me realise is that, holy crap, I think Kanye’s right. The first time around at the VMAs, Kanye was protesting the fact that the award for Best Female Video went to Taylor Swift’s You Belong With Me, rather than Beyoncé’s Single Ladies. At the time, it was easy to dismiss this act as eccentric and obnoxious grandstanding. You think the wrong person won the award, so what Kanye, get over it. However, with the passing of a few years, it’s become clear how much of a monumental snub that decision was. Not only is Single Ladies an iconic music video, but it’s a cultural powerhouse. Even so, maybe Kanye’s protests could have found a more classy venue than interrupting an acceptance speech.

So this time, Kanye stormed the stage to protest Beck’s acceptance of the Grammy for Best Album. Again, it was Beyoncé who was snubbed, with her self-titled album that was so famously released with no warning whatsoever and immediately became a huge success. Beck’s album, on the other hand, well I didn’t even know Beck had released a new album. Even Beck himself was a bit bemused by the win as he stepped up to accept the award, and has since said that he expected Beyoncé to take the gong. So was Kanye right to storm the stage in protest? Maybe, maybe not.

What is becoming clear to me, at least, is that West might be onto something real. He’s made a point of highlighting the racial discrimination in the media and consumer capitalist machine in the past (see New Slaves for a more fleshed out version of that critique). It seems his criticism extends to the world of the creators too. He retold his experiences with racial prejudice in the fashion world in that famous interview with Zane Lowe, and I have to agree with his theme. It’s not like there’s no place for black artists, but that place is very strictly defined. In the realm of music, black artists are too often confined to be celebrated only at black music awards. Mainstream music awards are reserved only for the predominantly white mainstream. Superstars like Beyoncé are pretty much shut out from claiming their rightful place atop the throne.

It’s easy to dismiss claims of racial bias in a one off case, such as Best Female Video at the VMAs, but now we have a second data point. Who the hell is Beck these days, and how does his album pip Beyoncé’s. Kanye West’s case is getting more and more compelling, and I’m finding myself more forgiving of the way he makes it. It’s hard to think of a more effective way than what he’s been doing to confront the creative industry about their racial prejudices. In subsequent comments, Beck has said he absolutely agrees with Kanye’s assessment that Beyoncé deserved the award – but he didn’t go as far as to give it to her. For a more radical politick, we’ll have to look to Ye.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I was very much looking forward to the rapture-Swift butthurt
Quote by ErikLensherr

Was Kanye also trolling when he was adamant he wrote the piano line from Avril 14th/Blame Game?
well Kanye was obvs a muse for aphex twin, that's what he meant
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by EndTheRapture51
If you haven’t heard the news, I should let you know that it’s happened again. Kanye West has taken to the stage at a major music awards ceremony to protest the supposed snubbing of Beyoncé. Once more, the poor winner of the award had to politely stand by, bemused at the breaching of the unspoken awards ceremony code of conduct. Poor Beck. Poor Taylor Swift. Whatever.

What the latest incident has made me realise is that, holy crap, I think Kanye’s right. The first time around at the VMAs, Kanye was protesting the fact that the award for Best Female Video went to Taylor Swift’s You Belong With Me, rather than Beyoncé’s Single Ladies. At the time, it was easy to dismiss this act as eccentric and obnoxious grandstanding. You think the wrong person won the award, so what Kanye, get over it. However, with the passing of a few years, it’s become clear how much of a monumental snub that decision was. Not only is Single Ladies an iconic music video, but it’s a cultural powerhouse. Even so, maybe Kanye’s protests could have found a more classy venue than interrupting an acceptance speech.

So this time, Kanye stormed the stage to protest Beck’s acceptance of the Grammy for Best Album. Again, it was Beyoncé who was snubbed, with her self-titled album that was so famously released with no warning whatsoever and immediately became a huge success. Beck’s album, on the other hand, well I didn’t even know Beck had released a new album. Even Beck himself was a bit bemused by the win as he stepped up to accept the award, and has since said that he expected Beyoncé to take the gong. So was Kanye right to storm the stage in protest? Maybe, maybe not.

What is becoming clear to me, at least, is that West might be onto something real. He’s made a point of highlighting the racial discrimination in the media and consumer capitalist machine in the past (see New Slaves for a more fleshed out version of that critique). It seems his criticism extends to the world of the creators too. He retold his experiences with racial prejudice in the fashion world in that famous interview with Zane Lowe, and I have to agree with his theme. It’s not like there’s no place for black artists, but that place is very strictly defined. In the realm of music, black artists are too often confined to be celebrated only at black music awards. Mainstream music awards are reserved only for the predominantly white mainstream. Superstars like Beyoncé are pretty much shut out from claiming their rightful place atop the throne.

It’s easy to dismiss claims of racial bias in a one off case, such as Best Female Video at the VMAs, but now we have a second data point. Who the hell is Beck these days, and how does his album pip Beyoncé’s. Kanye West’s case is getting more and more compelling, and I’m finding myself more forgiving of the way he makes it. It’s hard to think of a more effective way than what he’s been doing to confront the creative industry about their racial prejudices. In subsequent comments, Beck has said he absolutely agrees with Kanye’s assessment that Beyoncé deserved the award – but he didn’t go as far as to give it to her. For a more radical politick, we’ll have to look to Ye.

tfw celebrity drama gets people excited enough to build a text wall

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by bradulator
T-Swift is better than Kanye yes

True.

Plus Beyonce won the best music video overall at that VMAs didn't she? So Kanye really had no need to interrupt at all. What a rude piece of shit.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Kanye > Nicki=Big Sean >>>>> Taylor Swift >>>>>>Drake,

Give it up nerds

Too long;wont read ETR,

Lrn2music appreciation and actually good taste in musicality, noobs. Lol you guys think metal is like Saoson and As I Lay Dying, get outta here
Saosin is REAL EMO actually.

If you can't appreciate Taylor Swift you probably have social problems.

I dont geddit is real emo supposed to be some kind of joke? For teh shittiest bands?

Lol ok tho ill read your terribly huge textwall I guess
More importantly people care about the grammys and Kanye for some reason can get away with using the stupid term "real artists" as if there are fake artists
All artists are real artists.

REAL EMO is emo from 01-08ish time aka the good period of emo when Fall Out Boy, MCR, Saosin, Escape The Fate, Taking Back Sunday, Panic! At The Disco etc. released all the good bits of their discographies.

If you think that music sucks you can't chill sorry Fat Lard.

Page 1 of 4