I've been looking for good first amps and i stumbled upon Orange Micro Terror. Does anyone know if its a good first amp or nah? Im thinking of buying a Harley Benton 1x12 cab
with it and some effects pedals.
What's your budget?
Location?

It's a fine amp, however it lacks features. And you'd be better spending the money you had for pedals toward an amp as well.
The Harley Benton 1X12 with the V30's in is awesome. Can't comment on the non V30 one as I didn't use it that much when I had it, but wasn't a fan.

Micro Terror I've heard some good and mixed things about.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Unless you already have a really good pedal sound and you just need amplification, I would not get the MT. All the MT does is amplify your sound and send it to a cab. That's it. You can dial in some crunch but I'm not entirely sure how good that would sound, or even if you want amp distortion or not.

Are you going to be performing at all with the amp? Genres you want to play?

I suggest a small combo with an effects loop for you to get started.
^ You can get some fairly decent crunch out of it for what it is but it is a one trick pony. It's worth getting it on down the road probably but not so much for a first amp.
If you like it by all means buy it. That's all there is to it. For heavier stuff I'd buy an OD but if you like it then get it. It's your sound, your money, your choice.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Hell I use it as my main amp. The crunch is great but then I also have great guitars and a good pedal sound. I also play punk and alt so I don't need loads of settings. It depends on what you wanna use it for.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
I was looking at getting a Micro Terror and the matching cab as a first foray into tube amps, I currently play on Mustang 2 but only use the 57 Delux and the Twin reverb settings, I don't use any pedals and play mostly blues and rock on a MIM strat, do you think it would suit my needs?

I certainly won't break the bank which is a big deal for me, plus I don't need a big volume output, it's just for the mancave.

I've recently been playing straight into Logic on my Mac with a Focusrite Solo and using the Logic amps and pedalboards which is fun because I can play with a jamtrack in my headphones at night which is great, but from what I gather, I'm a Philistine for doing it, and enjoying it
Quote by peppersauzer

I've recently been playing straight into Logic on my Mac with a Focusrite Solo and using the Logic amps and pedalboards which is fun because I can play with a jamtrack in my headphones at night which is great, but from what I gather, I'm a Philistine for doing it, and enjoying it

Nonsense, if it works for you everyone else can F.R.O.

For what you're playing the MT wouldn't be my first choice, but if you've tried it and liked it then that's what you should get.

Maybe look at a Blues Jr., Crate Palomino V16 (discontinued, available used) or an 18w Marshall clone (pricier, but absolutely worth it).

You could also look at a Fender Tweed (5E3) clone, which would be near-perfect, but again probably well out of the range you want to spend.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^indeed

If the Fender-ish sound is what you're accustomed to then the MT will be waaaaaay off. There's so many threads on here recently mentioning the MT that idk where it's at but a lot of people have said the matching cab is nothing special either. But kind of like I said a few posts up, it's a neat little amp to have but I wouldn't make it my "main" amp.
Thanks guys, upon some more reflection, I am looking for a Fenderish sound so you're probably right, the MT may not be for me.

I would love a blues junior but cant afford it at the moment (even second hand), the Fender Tweed 5E3 looks awesome! I'll have to do some review watching and have a listen to it, doesn't come in too pricey brand new either at £285.

I did see the Fender Vapourizer (and started a new thread on it) which sounded pretty good to me, but the more reading I do I get the impression its going to be worth me saving a bit of money and buying something a bit more expensive (around £300-£400) than going for a super entry level tube amp?

Thanks again for the knowledge.
Quote by peppersauzer
Thanks guys, upon some more reflection, I am looking for a Fenderish sound so you're probably right, the MT may not be for me.

I would love a blues junior but cant afford it at the moment (even second hand), the Fender Tweed 5E3 looks awesome! I'll have to do some review watching and have a listen to it, doesn't come in too pricey brand new either at £285.

I don't think we're looking at the same thing? Link?
Charles Darwin
Quote by diabolical
The sound that you describe I'd say Kustom Defender or Crate Palomino.

Good call! I forgot about the 15w Defender.
Charles Darwin
Dang only £130 too, pity Scotland is just too far to drive, the same guy is selling it on ebay but I don't know that I would like to get it delivered by courier, it could get fairly damaged, or am I being a baby?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/kustom-v15-defender-all-valve-amp/1104619416

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KUSTOM-V15-DEFENDER-ALL-VALVE-AMP-/111609342352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fc6f6990
Quote by peppersauzer
Dang only £130 too, pity Scotland is just too far to drive, the same guy is selling it on ebay but I don't know that I would like to get it delivered by courier, it could get fairly damaged, or am I being a baby?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/kustom-v15-defender-all-valve-amp/1104619416

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KUSTOM-V15-DEFENDER-ALL-VALVE-AMP-/111609342352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fc6f6990

How do you suppose it got from manufacturer to distributor? From Distributor to storefront?

And then there's every online music store in existence...

That being said, I'm not familiar with the combo, but the head's a pretty decent unit so it's reasonable to expect the combo should be passable. Not sure about the 10" speaker though. Price is right and you could always pass it on if needed.
Charles Darwin
I tested the head with the Kustom single extension speaker, it was a wonderful surprise as it sounded great for cleans and could dial in some grit when needed.

This has more detail on the amp:
http://www.houstonmusicreviews.com/GearReview/Kustom_defender/Kustom%20Defender15H_KustomDefenderGuitarSpeakerCabinet.htm
i think the MT is pretty cool actually, just probably not for what you want. i tried it at GC today for the hell of it. it sounds terrible with the 8" speaker. the headphone out isn't the best, but i tried it on a 1960a cab and it was actually pretty kickass. i will probably buy one for transport. i wasn't going to pick it up today, so i didn't mess with it more, but i would be interested to see how it does with an OD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I just got an MT last week and bought it with the 1x12 cab & im loving it, very loud & very crunchy