Okay so long story short, few years ago i went playing acoustic guitar (Self learning) and lets just say my journey wasn't as fun as i expected, many times I had to return the guitar or switch for another one just because it doesn't sound the way I wanted it to be. In the end i got frustrated and just stopped.

Now my taste has somewhat changed these year and i want to take the Electric route that is more powerful. My budget is pretty low (200$-300$ CDN) anything more and i'll be eating leaves for 2 months at school. lol

Any advice/suggestions on which one to buy would be awesome.(Sound and Easy Action is very important to me.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haxm8fGuw1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kHK_bbG9AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FNjS5FBsGg

I don't know if the sound is all the same without a amp or not, forgive my ignorance that i have no knowledge on electrics,but just in case i'll show a few vids of the sound i like.

Thank You
Last edited by casanovakaiii at Feb 9, 2015,
Since your in Canada look at Cort, they are your local company, well made and very reasonable.
www.cortguitars.com/en/

remember for the first year or so you will have a hard time making the guitar sound pleasing to you or others, but stick with it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Easy action has a lot to do with set up, string gauges and the like in addition to neck profile, and that comes down to personal preference.

The basic sound of an electric guitar is in the pickups and the amp, very little in the piece of wood. Your budget is very tight for an amp and guitar, Cort have a good reputation, and I would be looking at something like a small Roland cube as the amp if you can stretch to that. This will give you some idea of amps:

http://www.cheapguitarguide.com/guitar-practice-amps.html
dont forget about godin.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
dont forget about godin.

True, but doesn't Cort have a bigger choice at lower prices
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
okay so, i have looked through my local music shop site and i found 2 guitar that r within my price range, so far how do you think of these two? Ibanez are the only brand within my price range. I found a few cheap amps as well

Guitar
Ibanez - GRX22 219.99$
Ibanez - GRG150DX 289.99$
AMP
Marshall - Micro Amp Half Stack 50.00
Fender Musical Instruments - Frontman 10G 62.99$
I have the fender front man amp 10 watts its awesome and its plenty loud it shakes the windows I payed 60 new from sweetwater,yeah the frist year is bad go to Justin gutair he is a great teacher he has lesson for statters
Last edited by Tazz3 at Feb 9, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Since your in Canada look at Cort, they are your local company, well made and very reasonable.
www.cortguitars.com/en/

remember for the first year or so you will have a hard time making the guitar sound pleasing to you or others, but stick with it.

i thought cort was korean?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by casanovakaiii
okay so, i have looked through my local music shop site and i found 2 guitar that r within my price range, so far how do you think of these two? Ibanez are the only brand within my price range. I found a few cheap amps as well

Guitar
Ibanez - GRX22 219.99$
Ibanez - GRG150DX 289.99$
AMP
Marshall - Micro Amp Half Stack 50.00
Fender Musical Instruments - Frontman 10G 62.99$

Everything you listed is complete overpriced junk. Especially those crappy gios. Look on kijiji! Tons of great stuff and you can usually haggle people down pretty good.
Last edited by DimeNeverDied at Feb 10, 2015,