Today I bought an old Gigna brand Japanese guitar for $75. I thought it was a Teisco, now I think it’s probably something else. It’s an interesting guitar. The neck is a baseball bat and I LOVE it. It says the neck is steel reinforced but it doesn’t seem to be adjustable. It’s damned straight, tho. It has one pickup that sounds great—it just nails raucous blues and surf tones. The tone and volume pots are both shot—volume barely works at full on, tone does nothing. Frets are crappy tiny little things cut a little short so they didn’t have to fix the ends. The tuners are literally dying for grease—they barely do anything. Two ferrules are missing, so I’ll have to find replacements.

I was planning to clean this and flip it, but it sounds so good that I might just keep it. For now it will be a restoration project.

interesting
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zhaezzy
pots are no big deal. I would need to change the bridge to something I can adjust so my intonation is right.

There’s no way I’m changing the bridge. This bridge on the metal pickguard gives the unwound strings a pingy, resonant quality that’s got almost a sitar like edge but with nice sustain. It’s great for a Lighting Hopkins kind of sound. I have a closet full of guitars with great bridges, but I like having this fücked up one.

A friendly redditor stayed up all night and eventually found a match for this guitar. Still no idea who made the guitar: http://drowninginguitars.com/2012/08/11/turn-signal-pickups-1965-ralstonfuji-japanese-electric-guitar