I recently snagged a Hughes and Kettner Warp X off eBay for a really good price. The seller ensured that the amp does indeed work--and of course, it's covered under PayPal purchase protections and such. However, when I try to fire it up, the lights come on, but no sound comes out, even though the tubes are glowing. Whenever I plug in my guitar, I don't even get the typical "bzzttt" that you would expect when plugging in a guitar to an "on" amp.

From the Warp X manual:

THE WARP X™ IS CONNECTED PROPERLY, BUT NO
SOUND IS AUDIBLE:
• The amp is set to STANDBY
• One or several GAIN and MASTER controls are turned
all the way down
• The anode fuse has tripped. Before replacing the fuse
with another fuse of the same rating, have the power
tubes checked to learn if they are defective.
• The fuse for the tube heater has tripped
(the tubes don’t glow). When replacing this fuse, make
absolutely certain that it is replaced with a fuse bearing
the same rating. Be sure to have a service technician
replace the fuse.

I can assure you it's not number 1 or 2, but how would I know based on the "symptoms" whether or not it's one of the other two?

Thanks in advance.
Fender Strat -> MXR GT-OD -> Lovepedal OD-11 -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> Mesa F-30

Exclusively using V-Picks!
Last edited by TehGainiac at Feb 10, 2015,
That's the point, they want you to check the fuses to diagnose further. Do that first.

No point in playing the guessing game when you can get a definite answer.
Quote by Roc8995
That's the point, they want you to check the fuses to diagnose further. Do that first.

No point in playing the guessing game when you can get a definite answer.

Would they have tripped in shipment if not connected to a power supply? (This, of course, assumes that the seller wasn't lying when he said the amp worked before shipment.)
Fender Strat -> MXR GT-OD -> Lovepedal OD-11 -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> Mesa F-30

Exclusively using V-Picks!
Probably not. They may have blown when you turned it on, though, or come unseated during shipping. Same with the tubes. Re-seat both, check all the fuses, try again.