So I work in a mall. There is a person with a mental disability who has harassed staff there multiple times, mainly by shouting at/not leaving them alone, causing them to also feel unsafe in their presence. What can be done about this? Do they have a get out of jail free card due to the disability? They don't have a care giver and go to the mall nearly everyday with their mother. Is there an agency I am able to call to talk to about this?

This is entirely serious. I realize it may be a poor decision to ask this forum.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Talk to the mother.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
The problem with this is the mother separates from the person with the disability. I feel if the mother were to stay with them it may help, but its a big mall and I never see her.

Edit: Also, should the mother even be leaving the person alone?
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Are there any chairs in the store you work?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
How old is this person? Also mother prob shouldn't be leaving them alone. She may not realise it is an issue and as a consequence keep her progeny by her side in the future or she might tell you to suck it up, you liar how rude and discriminatory of you. What you can do all depends on where you live/work, local laws and what not, and laws relating to this kind of harassment in a public place
How old is the person?

In most places, if a person who appears to be mentally unsound and is a danger to public can be detained by Police for the purposes of psychiatric evaluation.

Also contact your local mental health clinic, there are many outpatient services that could assist.

Also, you work in a mall, if the guy is causing people to fear for their safety, get security to ban him.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Scream "I CUM BLOOD" as loud as you can while rubbing Icy Hot on him and doing a barrel roll.

It's pretty much your only option.
Let the mall security dudes know what's going on. They probably have pepper spray.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

"What I see in the work I've done with kids is, is troubling direction in our culture. And where I see consensus, which is I think we ought to concentrate on in our culture is... look... nobody argues anymore whether they're Conservatives or Liberal whether our society is going in the wrong direction. They may argue trying to quantify how far it's gone wrong or why it's gone that far wrong, whether it's guns, or television, or the Internet, or whatever. But there's consensus saying that something's happened. Guns were much more accessible 40 years ago. A kid could walk into a pawn shop or a hardware store and buy a high-capacity magazine weapon that could kill a lot of people and they didn't do it.

The question we should be asking is... look... suicide is a tragedy. And it's a horrible thing. But 30 or 40 years ago, particularly men, and even young men, when they were suicidal, they went, and unfortunately, blew their brains out. In today's world, someone who is suicidal sits home, nurses their grievance, develops a rage, and is just a suicidal but they take 20 people with them. There's something changed in our culture."

- Tom Selleck
Inform mall security about this and next time it happens try and record it (even if it's just in writing) in case the mother denies it.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Inform mall security about this and next time it happens try and record it (even if it's just in writing) in case the mother denies it.

In which case, several witnesses could be handy.
Talk to the mother since she most likely has no idea her son is doing it. If that doesnt work, get the security guard to talk to the guy himself and calmly tell him that shouting at people is rude and that if he doesnt stop than he will be banned from the mall
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Last edited by Irondevil at Feb 11, 2015,
Quote by icanhasgodmode
several witnesses are pretty much always handy, unless you go on a killing spree

More witnesses = more people to kill though
They aren't real people. They need someone to look after them 24/7. That's like just letting your dog roam the streets by itself.