So today I was adjusting the truss rod on a very old guitar I have and the nut snapped clean off... well I know of a few ways to repair this but I wanna do it good so I'd love to have the truss rod rescue kit from stew mac but Damn, every tool they sell I'd ridiculously over priced. So does anyone know of a home made alternative that doesn't require any metal fab to make a tool or maybe does anyone know of a generic truss rod rescue kit? ThanKS in advance!!!
I had a quick look on google, nothing but stew mac.
is the fretboard a different piece of wood? remove the fretboard and replace the truss rod? or can it be accessed from the other end to pull it out?

I don't know. Sorry man.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Stew Mac at one time rented the truss rod repair kit since they knew it was a one time use for many people. you may want to check on the site further to see if they still do.
Quote by rocknroll93

is the fretboard a different piece of wood? remove the fretboard and replace the truss rod?

this is what I would do ... use an iron (as your missis or mum what that is ) and a damp teatowel and the board should peel off pretty easily
pfft. im a soldier. I can iron better than most.....
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.