I know now that it is harmful to change the tuning of a bass guitar too much so I'm thinking of buying a bass that can play in E standard, Drop D, and D standard. Then I will buy another bass that will play in Drop C and C Standard (for this I might get a five string)

Would those tunings be ok for my bass guitars? I heard that if I play in E standard and then tune down to D standard it's fine as long as once I'm done I tune back up to E?

I didn't get the names of the bass guitars I want but they are both Fender and are under $200 and I'm going to get a $100 amp. I tested it at guitar center and it surprisingly sounded good. Any pedals I should consider? I might want some bonus distortion/heavyness to it.
Not to derail the thread, but is it dangerous to retune basses? I'm guessing you mean it might damage the instrument? (I wouldn't change much, I'm talking E to Eb and, if I get round to it, maybe drop D.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Retuning is not an issue save for convenience.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
^ That's what i figured, but then I saw the OP. Thanks
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Downtuning bass guitars generally isn't a thing, in part because it generally doesn't make much sense.
Please stop posting
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat