I have a Jackson Warrior with EMG HZ pups. Great condition. Problem is i went to play it yesterday and there was no sound. I changed the battery, cleaned the poles. Still no sound. I tested the pups. They read just fine. What it leads me to is the "turbocharger" volume knob. I cannot find a replacement anywhere. Any suggestions here as to what to do and what it might be would be greatly appreciated.
Are you sure the pot is actually broken and that your problem is being caused by bad solder connections?

As far as I know, the 'turbocharger knob' is just a push/pull 500K potentiometer where pulling the pot turns on the additional preamp. You can buy them from CTS for a few bucks.

But if it was me, I'd throw away the EMG HZ's and put some Duncan SH-6's in it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 10, 2015,
The wiring is all original. Never touched, not sure how a solder would break but yes i checked everything. It is just a push/pull but it is made by EMG and has a 5 pin connector. I dont mind the EMG's, not my fav but right now, i cannot afford new pups. I have looked all over for this switch and cannot find it. And yes its not a guarantee thats the problem. Everything else does seem fine. Hence im here for suggestions.
As it turns out the person I got the guitar from had pissed around with the wiring. He...of all things attached a ground screw to a connector, and grounded it out with a small screw to the inside of the body...to the wood. SO something is messed up with the wiring plain and simple. Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this ? I cannot find a valid one anywhere.
Quote by Freakdemon
As it turns out the person I got the guitar from had pissed around with the wiring. He...of all things attached a ground screw to a connector, and grounded it out with a small screw to the inside of the body...to the wood. SO something is messed up with the wiring plain and simple. Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for this ? I cannot find a valid one anywhere.

I love it when people "upgrade" things.
What you have is the EMG Afterburner (AB) which requires the 9v battery and passive EMG HZ pickups.

Here's the link to the diagram - http://www.emgpickups.com/media/productfile/a/b/ab_0196rb.pdf

Was this guitar ever working? I had a 9V connector come apart on me before.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .