I'm looking for a reverb pedal that can be used for post-rock, shoegaze, and soundscapes, like This Will Destroy You and If Yjese Trees Could Talk, and that could also be used for more subtle effects, like room settings for bands like Florence and the Machine, and jazz.

I've been looking into the Hall of Fame, Boss RV-3, Hardwire Supernatutal, and a couple others. I was also wondering if anyone has had any experience with Noisemaker Effects and their Haunt pedal. AFAIK, they're mainly sold at Reverbdordotcom.

My budget is $200CAD. Thanks guys.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Check out the neunaber wet reverb. I literally use it for those exact sounds. It does huge ambient tones amazingly. And when you turn it down, it does a great subtle reverb that just fills in all he little spaces between your notes. It's my favorite reverb sound and based on what you need, I think you'd dig it.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'll throw the Mooer Shimverb into the circle. 3 modes. Hall, spring and shimmer, which is you more ambient sound.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Worth checking out Digitech Digiverb I really like it bulid solid ,Quite versatile and pretty cheap, also if your reverb mad you could buy two and set them up diffierently...
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
For soundscapes I absolutely love my Supernatural. Great, great, great pedal for the price...the Supernova, Plate mod, and Spring settings are great.

+1 for the Wet reverb too...it's on the GAS list.
Last edited by JBailey23 at Feb 10, 2015,
I have the Hall of Fame, it's good, and the tone print feature means you have a lot of possibilities. There's a lot of love for the Boss RV-5 for ambient stuff, that modulate setting cranked up does sound pretty awesome.

If you're really lucky with eBay, you might be able to snaffle up a Strymon Bluesky... Might push the budget a little bit, but their stuff is incredible.
Hall of Fame, hands down. You could also check out a used EHX Cathedral Stereo Reverb, but that might be above your budget.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
The Neunaber Stereo Wet V2 looks awesome, but is a bit out of my budget.

The Noisemaker Effects Haunt looks good too, and you can't really go wrong for $86 plus shipping, but the company is run by one guy, and I can't find anything really for clips or demos.

I found a "pink label" Boss RV-3 online too for $150. Thoughts? I already have my delay needs covered with the timeline
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by TheStig1214
I'll throw the Mooer Shimverb into the circle. 3 modes. Hall, spring and shimmer, which is you more ambient sound.

NO NO and NO. Do not get this pedal - I currently have one, the spring and hall settings are useable, although I find them to be a little tinny and cold for my taste, but the shimmer setting on it is absolute garbage.

Quote by Guitar137335
Worth checking out Digitech Digiverb I really like it bulid solid ,Quite versatile and pretty cheap, also if your reverb mad you could buy two and set them up diffierently...

I also have one of these - they are a pretty decent pedal, the church setting can definitely get you those big ambient sounds - however do not buy this pedal if you are wanting to use the spring reverb setting - it is useless, just sounds like you are banging around an amp with a real spring in it.
^ +1 about the Mooer comment. Mooer pedals are weird. They sound mostly good, but there's just weird little quirks about each one that makes them sound off. It's like all Mooer pedals have a flat, lifelessness to them and some high frequency frying.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by AWACS
The Neunaber Stereo Wet V2 looks awesome, but is a bit out of my budget.

The Noisemaker Effects Haunt looks good too, and you can't really go wrong for $86 plus shipping, but the company is run by one guy, and I can't find anything really for clips or demos.

I found a "pink label" Boss RV-3 online too for $150. Thoughts? I already have my delay needs covered with the timeline

Get a used Wet :p
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
hall of fame. i bought the PGS trinity (version 1) for a few extra modes...and to be "special". i do like the 2 extra modes though. it can get real ambient and spacey.

not sure they make it now they have the trinity V2 and they changes some modes. not sure how i feel about those.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)