Looking for a Guitar with a Metallica/metal type tone. It needs to be bellow 550£ / $838. The guitar needs to have a Floyd rose and preferably some kind of high output pick ups. Preferably EMG's but considering the budget I might need to set my sights a bit lower. All other specs are not a huge priority. I am a really huge fan of Kirk Hammett and have looked at some of his signature guitars. The KH 602 which has EMG 81/60 configuration looks awesome but is very expensive. Two particular guitars have caught my interest but I don't know which is superior to the other The LTD KH 202 (kirk hammett signature) and the M series M330R. The main thing I am interested in is the sound I can produce. The M-330R has ESP Designed ALH-200N and 200B where the KH 202 has ESP Designed LH-301N and 301b.

So which sounds better 200N/200B VS LH-301N/301B?

Also are there any guitars under £550 which have either EMG 81/60 or EMG 81/85 pickups with Floyd rose.

Please post any suggestions
look for a used 400 series.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I wouldn't buy any TBH. Look around used for LTD's on ebay and stuff. For that money you might be lucky to even get an ESP.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
330R.

The LTD 3xx series are solid guitars. Good wood, well put together, decent QC.

The signature 2xx series are basically LTD 1xx guitars with an artists name stuck on.

EDIT: My H338 has the LH208 B/N set, also Mahogany body with a bolt on neck. Should sound similar, has a hipshot style bridge though instead of an FR.

I have a couple of clips.

Here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/prog-in-f

https://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/test-mix

https://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/prog-in-f-3
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Feb 10, 2015,
what amp are you using? that'll affect how you sound as much as the guitar will.

also £550 is a bit of an annoying budget (I know what your budget is isn't your fault). It's kind of enough that you want something good, but it's a wee bit short of the really nice stuff. Another few hundred would have you within range of stuff like ibanez prestiges.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play through a marshall mg15FXMSDM (dave mustaine signiture amp) using a jackson warrior js32. I get pretty decent sound but i have always preferd EMG pick ups. Looking to buy a guitar within this price range. Another option i have considerd is a dean custom 550
Any sugestions?
Quote by Guitardude7889
I play through a marshall mg15FXMSDM (dave mustaine signiture amp) using a jackson warrior js32. I get pretty decent sound but i have always preferd EMG pick ups. Looking to buy a guitar within this price range. Another option i have considerd is a dean custom 550
Any sugestions?

Truthfully EMG's won't help your situation, pickups will only get you so far but it sounds like you want a completely different tone to what the MG's will give you.

Gonna recommend a new amp here.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
yeah get a new amp first. and replace pickups in warrior
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass