Picked up a crazy good deal from guitar center believe it or not. Its a Charvel DS-1 st. Its an absolutely loaded guitar with great tone and feel. However, I went in tonight looking at a cheap ltd, and ended up with this. For.....$200 brand new!

The Seymour Duncan blackouts are fantastic in the mahogany body. Heavy and brutal as ever. I usually play my own stuff, but for regards to the review, I played Parkway Drive, Behemoth, BTBAM, The Faceless, After The Burial, and a few more. Played through a line 6 pod xt, Peavey Classic 4x10, the distortion is fantastic. Thicker than emgs, but cuts through more.

The feel is great. Its way lighter than my les paul, but sounds just as full. The neck is untreated, so its crazy smooth. It has a cool looking neck joint, the binding and inlays are great.

The only real qualms I have with it is a tiny bit of fret buzz, but I fixed it with a string change and action. The other is the reach to upper frets, I can reach them but just barley. The headstock is a bit, eh, but personal preference.
Attachments:
rps20150210_225824_872.jpg
rps20150210_225853_770.jpg
rps20150210_225926_112.jpg
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Back in black!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Nice!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by tdiaz8492
$200 bucks? Absolute steal. Happy NGD.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNGD!

Charvel crazy discounted their first run of the Desolation series a little while ago. So now you can get these great guitars at super low prices.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Thanks all! Its truly an amazing guitar for the price. I plugged it into Blackstar Artisan today for about an hour, and the guitar absolutely wails! Also, that blackstar is phenomenal.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I have the same guitar, it is a killer guitar and at that price it is absolutely amazing..well done.
Looks good!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3