I play melodic modern punk like propagandhi, pour habit, mute etc. I play in D standard and play through an engl powerball. Does anybody have any suggestions on pickups to use? I have play a Jackson, a les Paul and a maverick chaos 2. I want to mod at least one of them with some new pickups if not all of them. I have very little knowledge on pick ups so any help would be greatly appreciated
What is your budget?
What are you expecting from a pickup swap?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm after something that will compliment the very high gain of my amp. Money's not really an issue as long as it's worth while. I know that a pickup that sounds good in my les Paul wouldn't nessesseraly sound as good in the Jackson. I just want to improve my sound generally, possibly some high output humbuckers but like I said I don't know much about it???
I have a Seymour Duncan JB in my Les Paul in the bridge position and really love the way it sounds. High gain, but tight sounding pickup.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Yeah I was looking at them, bare knuckles and emgs as well. Any suggestions for my other guitars? It's a jackson pro 1990 and a maverick chaos 2
BKP Nailbomb is pretty decent

I put a Suhr Aldrich in the bridge of my G&L a few months ago and it sounds really nice.

I have a JB in my G-400 and it sounds just fine

I saw Pour Habit 5-6 yrs ago and they were super cool guys, amazing show also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'll suggest my standbys: Tesla, Lace and RailHammer each offer really good pups with a decent variety of voicings & output.

Excellent offerings that are a bit pricier: Bareknuckle, Rio Grande, The Creamery, Vintage Vibe. Some of these will do custom winds.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 13, 2015,
Quote by ScalaMania
JB

Game over.

The JB is a decent pickup, but there are way better choices out there
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Gibson 500t in the bridge of the LP. pure secks. and you can find used ones cheap. i paid $50 for one pulled out of a guy's V.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/