i seen a thread on space, but not on imaging at home- aside from being deaf over 30 years, i just got an implant last year and started guitar playing, which currently is my main hobby, other then that i did holiday train layouts, and astronomy, which i took images with a digital camera and telescope- just to show you whats possible from your driveway- here's M13 which is gobular cluster and well know saturn
Attachments:
M13 wide field- UG.jpg
saturn-UG.jpg
Wow, that's pretty cool. I wish I could do more stargazing, but there's a lot of light pollution here and it's generally very cloudy
Sweet. So is this like a camera attachment on your telescope? (I've used camera attachments on microscopes, I imagine it's a similar thing?)
Quote by ultimate-slash
Wow, that's pretty cool. I wish I could do more stargazing, but there's a lot of light pollution here and it's generally very cloudy

but we have Astro TV, for all the people who want their future told!
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
the deep space photo is with a dslr, you use a t-ring and adaptor to hook up to the telescope, that runs about $15 for the hook-up, the saturn photo was with a $20 webcam, you remove the front lens and glue a 1.25" tube on it so its fits into the focuser, the images are then taken with free camera control software and processed or 'stacked' with also free software- final touches are done with photoshop or whatever photo software you use for color balance, etc, starting off, alot just use a camera and lens for widefield images, you'd be surprised what shows up on a photo using extended exposure
That Saturn image is freaking cool. We have an astronomy club here, and I'm extremely interested in the universe and astrophysics in general, but the cost (monetary and in terms of space) of the telescopes and other equipment is a little high.

I'm content with seeing what others come up with.
What are your telescope specs? Those images are pretty good. Especially M13.
Check out my band Disturbed
I've wanted a telescope since I was a kid but only got to use one at the astronomy club trips we had. Kickass images son.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by StewieSwan
What are your telescope specs? Those images are pretty good. Especially M13.

i got a few scopes actually, these were taken with 9.25 sct, focal reducer was used on M13 with about 8 images at 15seconds exposure, stacked and processed, the saturn was taken with a barlow, close to 5000 focal length as an AVI video- then stacked in 'registax' and saved as a jpg
This is possibly the coolest thing on this site. You should definitely take more pictures and show us more cool things. I'm a huge space nerd and on the verge of being convinced to shell out for a decent scope
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Very nice images. I studied astrophotography for about 10 years, back in the days of 35mm film. Got some good shots of Jupiter, Saturn, lunar eclipse, nebula, and several comets. The universe is an amazing place.

A few years ago I befriended an Australian astrophotographer while on a tour of NASA-JPL. We keep in touch and his images taken through a homemade 14" reflector are simply stunning. Here is his site:

http://www.acquerra.com.au/astro/

This was taken last week:
http://www.acquerra.com.au/astro/gallery/jupiter/index.live
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY