Tax return time! I'm selling my fender squire strat. affinity series to buy a new guitar. Classic rock to A7X. I have a few ideas on what I want to buy, but I wanted to ask the experts, you guys! What do you guys think I should do with my money?

I was thinking....
ESP LTD H-51
ESP LTD EC-50
Cort KX or WR
Peavey Predator
.... so on and so on.

Info would really be appreciated.
-Cheers!
Give me a sick beat! *Insert heavy shreads*
Out of the guitars you have listed, I would go for either the H-51 or the EC-50. Personally I would choose the H-51 because I feel more comfortable with strat models than Les Paul models, but that is only personal preference.

A while ago, I played on an ESP LTD MH-50 and I loved it. The differences between the MH-50 and the H-51 is that it has 24 frets and Floyd Rose (Special) tremolo. It costs a bit more because of that, but it's still in the 200 ish price range (at least in Europe).

If you don't really care for the tremolo and the 2 extra frets, then you can ignore the MH-50.

Take a look at the Yamaha Pacifica too. I never played in any of them, but almost everyone praises them, so I guess it's worth checking them out.
Last edited by DanyFS at Feb 11, 2015,
i just got a used ltd viper 400 for $200 plus shipping. its amazing, but the al2000s are very nice as well and sale for $199
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
For playing a range of styles I don't think you can go wrong with an Epiphone LP Special II. I picked one up a couple of months ago for similar styles; classic rock and metal and have found it's perfect.

Sturdy and rocking humbuckers too so no problems handling a bit of detuning (meaning half step and drop C#) but also plays great in standard.

Obviously you won't have a tremolo and it's 22 frets but if neither of those bother you I recommend having a look.

Happy buying!
I would try to find a step up from those guitars and go used. You may be able to find a used EC-200 for somewhere in your range.
If you really want something new, do what ROCK says and grab an agile.
http://www.rondomusic.com/
You won't find better bang for your buck, and they will be much better than anything in ESP's 50 series.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
I would try to find a step up from those guitars and go used. You may be able to find a used EC-200 for somewhere in your range.
If you really want something new, do what ROCK says and grab an agile.
http://www.rondomusic.com/
You won't find better bang for your buck, and they will be much better than anything in ESP's 50 series.

This is great advise
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I found an Epiphone Les Paul Studio used. I'm definitely getting it.
Give me a sick beat! *Insert heavy shreads*
Don't get those agiles or rondo stuff. They will most likely be crap out of the box.

Where are some guitars from americanmusical.com that cooled nice.
Jackson JS11 Dinky
Ibanez GRX20Z Gio
ESP M103FM LTD
Ibanez GRG121DX
Epiphone SG Special
Jackson JS32T Warrior
Kramer Baretta Special

I suggest going to your local guitar store or guitar center to buy your guitar. never buy guitars online.
Quote by tycoonman123
Don't get those agiles or rondo stuff. They will most likely be crap out of the box.

Quality b8. They're better than most you posted.
TS, I would get either that Epi or a Yamaha Pacifica.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Quote by tycoonman123

Where are some guitars from americanmusical.com that cooled nice.
Jackson JS11 Dinky
Ibanez GRX20Z Gio
ESP M103FM LTD
Ibanez GRG121DX
Epiphone SG Special
Jackson JS32T Warrior
Kramer Baretta Special

I suggest going to your local guitar store or guitar center to buy your guitar. never buy guitars online.

you obviously have no clue, Agile is much better than anything you've listed
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate