Hi guys,

I am an engineer and I used to make custom drive pedals. For their design I used a simple concept. One day one friend of mine saw it and suggested an idea. I decided to give it a chance so it is how SnapDrive was born.

Please give me your oppinion and suggestions.

Thanks.

You can see the video here

www.theSnapDrive.com
That is very interesting. So I presume you wire a circuit board as a template for the "pedal", then you produce individual boxes that do certain things to the signal, that are placed upon that board with user customization. If you haven't patented your idea, you should do so c:

Ultra neat. I think it would benefit the product to have "bypass" boxes that connect the ports to each other instead of having an actual effect box in that place. So if I wanted just the distortion and EQ, I could use bypass boxes to chain the signal on the board all the way to the output.

It would also be neat to have other effects boxes as well besides the ones in the demo video, such as phaser, tremolo, delay, etc.

I wonder how this would hold up against multi-effects. A lot of people prefer analog processing, so that's a plus. I'd hope your costs are fairly low as well to compete with people buying individual stomps.

Really great idea. Happy tone chasing c:
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 11, 2015,
People have a hard time deciding whether to put distortion before or after the wah pedal, you'll not find much people willing to pay for a concept like that.

Also advertisement here is prohibited by the rules.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
People have a hard time deciding whether to put distortion before or after the wah pedal, you'll not find much people willing to pay for a concept like that.

There will be a send/receive bock, so you can put your wah there.

And I do not sell anything
The idea is to be DISTORTION/OVERDRIVE only, so you should by separata modulation effect

Quote by Will Lane
That is very interesting. So I presume you wire a circuit board as a template for the "pedal", then you produce individual boxes that do certain things to the signal, that are placed upon that board with user customization. If you haven't patented your idea, you should do so c:

Ultra neat. I think it would benefit the product to have "bypass" boxes that connect the ports to each other instead of having an actual effect box in that place. So if I wanted just the distortion and EQ, I could use bypass boxes to chain the signal on the board all the way to the output.

It would also be neat to have other effects boxes as well besides the ones in the demo video, such as phaser, tremolo, delay, etc.

I wonder how this would hold up against multi-effects. A lot of people prefer analog processing, so that's a plus. I'd hope your costs are fairly low as well to compete with people buying individual stomps.

Really great idea. Happy tone chasing c:
Right. I just want to see if there is any interest at all. For me it is hard to communicate the concept.

Quote by Spambot_2

Quote by emil_v_k
The idea is to be DISTORTION/OVERDRIVE only, so you should by separata modulation effect
If it's just distortion availble, you're going to have a hard time competing with pedals like the Fulltone Fulldrive, MXR Super Badass, Analogman King of Tone, etc. Unless your costs are dirt cheap and the blocks sound excellent.

Allowing someone to build their own delay pedal with filter, EQ, etc. sounds very appealing.
Hyping a future product/vaporware doesn't mean it's not advertising. We get people here spamming their kickstarters all the time. That's not allowed and neither is this.

If you have an established account and want technical input in the GB&C section, that's ok. Signing up just to get market research/promotion for a product or potential product is not ok. No effort was made here to explain the product or create a discussion, it's just a link to a video on a site clearly intended to eventually sell a product.