Hey, hoping I could get some feedback on my guitar playing.

I've been playing for years but feel like I don't know how to improve. I'm still not very good after about 10 years of trying. I've only had a few lessons as I can't afford them anymore. I'm better at making up my own stuff than covering other bands songs, I don't seem to be very good at reading tabs even though I've tried for years and have learnt some bits of metallica and pantera etc.

Tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS5icMIWQEA
Mate, you need to go back to basic. You don't have to pay for lessons as there is so much free stuff out there, UG web site only has a mountain of stuff. Or buy guitar mags.

Get a metronome and start slow with licks and scales and slowly increase the speed keeping in time with the metronome. Practice Practice Practice, not just messing around with power chords. Or with you want to mess around with power chord, make a riff that uses the whole neck and again with the metronome start slow so your are playing it cleaning using alternative picking and pick up the speed with the metronome. METRONOME, PRACTICE!!!!!! Free metronome apps for Iphone and Android.

This is what I did after smashing my hand , loosing the ring finger and breaking the ring and middle.
Hmmm I thought as much.

I think I'd rather quit than start again. I've got a metronome app already but I think I'm one of those guys who just doesn't "get it".

I've wasted a lot of time on guitar when I could have been doing better things.
CJB89,
I could see where a person could think playing with a metronome is boring. I suggest getting some drum software (like toontrack EZDrummer) and playing along with that. Don't quit if you enjoy playing the guitar. It sounds like you're playing with a talk box. I personally do much better with a wah-wah pedal. I have a really hard time playing guitar with a dang tube in my mouth trying to mouth words. Certain parts of your recording show some promise. If you can get into multi-track recording, you can piece together the best bits and sound a lot better. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1668048
Well I probably won't quit. I like playing it too much.

I should try learning a few easy songs but my concentration is zapped.