I was once again looking for some way to fix my frets, decided it would probably be a new neck, for the right price, under $50?

But when I type in stratocaster neck they come out 22 frets and looked at a strat on GC website and its 22...

my headstock says squire stratocaster by fender with serial on the front
MIK 80's ish. but the neck does not have the 22nd fret, that is on a lip, that goes over the pick guard?

I just want to play more gutiar, but the frets are just soo horrid :/
Money is tight, but isnt, then to be allowed to buy a neck...
You should be able to get 21 fret necks ok (though I dunno about $50). Allparts has vintage-style ones which are 21 frets I think. I haven't tried them myself, so that's no recommendation. And you need to measure everything to check it'll all fit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
forgot about GFS Yeah if you want it to be really cheap I'm guessing GFS might be worth a look, if everything fits. Again, though, I haven't tried anything by GFS so that isn't a personal recommendation.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Right now, the guitar is black with a white pickguard and pickups and rosewood fretboard.

I was thinking about a Black pearl Pickguard that they got and maybe a maple fretboard, as I've only ever held guitars with rosewood.

I think it would definitely stand out, but in a good way?
what do you think? tho I'm not sure what finish I should go for. satin, amber, or gloss.

but at this price, I almost question the $99 guitars.
Based on the 2 GFS necks my friend had, I wouldn't go that route. But then, this was from more than 2 years ago and the supplier and/or quality may be a lot better now.

I have no experience with the new XGP parts that Way Cool JR. recommended but I've seen 2 threads over at TDPRI about issues with the neck holes. They had to be plugged and re-drilled to fit the 4-hole Strat and Tele necks.

I'd go with an AllParts neck at a minimum, or Musikraft, or USACG.
Last edited by Ippon at Feb 12, 2015,
Any 22 fret Strat neck should have a fretboard extension and fit just fine on pretty much every Strat ever made by Fender, regardless if it originally had a 21 fret neck. The only confirmed exception being the Modern Player Series, which have 22 fret necks and no fretboard extension, instead having the neck extend all the way.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.