Hi guys - total guitar beginner here so forgive me if what I'm asking is stupidly basic. I'm trying to learn the following riff from the following video (playing at 0:33):

http://youtu.be/5969oR39D0Y

It's simple enough and I've got the notes down:

e --------------------------------------------------------------
B --------------------------------------------------------------
G ---13-11-9-6-9-6-9-11-13-13-11-9-6-9-6-6-4-6
D --------------------------------------------------------------
A --------------------------------------------------------------
E --------------------------------------------------------------

The question that I have is that in the video (and by listening), you can see that he's clearly moving from the 11th fret to the 13th fret on the first note (the 13-11 transition), but you're only really hearing the note from the 13th fret except for a little vibrato. First off, what is this technique called? More importantly, how do I pull it off? I tried picking on the 11th fret and moving rapidly to the 13th, but I still hear the original note, or worse, the note inbetween. Any pointers? Thanks!
I think the vibrato you hear is a slide from 11 to 13 to 11, I couldn't pick out anything else. The rhythm of that slide is what gives it that sound, not sure if there's a name for it other than "sliding".
That's what I figured, but is it just sliding extremely fast between the two notes that mutes/gets around the note inbetween?
Quote by Indrid_Cold
That's what I figured, but is it just sliding extremely fast between the two notes that mutes/gets around the note inbetween?

Yeah pretty much. The first 11 of the slide is more a grace note than anything else.