What kind of guitar capo do you recommend for a western guitar?
How about classical? Electric?
There was a bloke on here who was making wooden ones that looked pretty awesome.I'll try and find who it was.
Kyser are good. You should be able to use a Quick-Change for the western and electric, and a Classical for the Classical (duh). Should run you about $25 for both.
Quote by Glamorphous
What kind of guitar capo do you recommend for a western guitar?
How about classical? Electric?

Classical guitar you would want a classical capo which you can find online or in a local music store.

For going from electric to acoustic or western or whatever you want to call it, there are a few options. I'll list them (in my opinion) from what I think is best:

- G7th Performance 2 Capo: This capo is amazing. I use it myself, and after buying it I don't need anything else (for a 6 string). It's completely hand tension based, so no more worrying about adjusting tension or having too much tension on the strings/frets of an electric guitar, and it's also got a lifetime warranty through the company which states that if anything on it breaks, they will send you a brand new one. The only drawback is that it's the most expensive option (running about $45 for the capo)

- D'Addario NS Artist Tri Action Capo: This is my second choice and also something that I carry with me just in case my Performance 2 craps out. D'Addario (or Planet Waves) capo features an adjustable tension spring, which is nice again for transferring from electric to acoustic as the action is a bit higher on your acoustic (and you never want to use the same tension on an instrument with a lower action or you could be spending the big bucks on a re-fret later). So the adjustable tension spring helps with that. Lighten up the tension when you throw it on your electric, and tighten it back up when you put it on your acoustic. Relatively inexpensive also, about as much as a standard Kyser ~$22.

- G7th Nashville Capo: This is my last choice out of the three for capos. It's still good, it still serves its purpose, but if you're going to be capoing both an acoustic and an electric, the drawback is no adjustable tension. Runs about the same as the Kyser/Tri-Action

All in all, let's be honest Kyser is good too we've all used them before. As long as you're not using those crappy rubber band capos then you'll be doing just fine ^_^
Quote by smittyanthrax
There was a bloke on here who was making wooden ones that looked pretty awesome.I'll try and find who it was.

Thanks, man! Those were actually beautiful capos! Interesting. Never seen capos made out of wood before. Do you own any?
Quote by jloomis92

All in all, let's be honest Kyser is good too we've all used them before. As long as you're not using those crappy rubber band capos then you'll be doing just fine ^_^

I used some crappy thing made out of what seemed to be bungie cord and grommets for centuries.
Quote by Glamorphous
Thanks, man! Those were actually beautiful capos! Interesting. Never seen capos made out of wood before. Do you own any?

Sorry for the lateness of my reply.no I don't own any of those capos.I've got a wee cheap plastic one I rarely use.
Recommended threads
capo choice
JamesHumphries4
Last post:
by MonkeyFunk
Glamorphous
Last post:
by Glamorphous