Hey guys, I recently bought a mini organ that I would like to use guitar effects (then send it to a tube amp) on but it has no effects loop.

I want to step the speaker out to line level to use effects but the problem is all the DI boxes I see only have XLR out.

Does anyone know of a way I could make my own TRS Di box or what I could use instead? The output is 60watts and I think 8Ohms. Also, if anyone knows how I could find the signal before it hits the amplifier, that would be ideal (to make an effects loop). Thanks!
What you need is a load box. XLR to 1/4" is trivial but you need to deal with the ouput power first.
Weber sells attenuators with line outs, plenty of other places do too but I think Weber are the cheapest.

I think a better idea than trying to knock a 60W output section down to line level would be to just take the signal off the preamp. There's no point in letting the organ amplify it all the way up to the speaker output just so you can pad it down again. It's unnecessarily complex and it's probably going to sound worse.
Quote by Roc8995
What you need is a load box. XLR to 1/4" is trivial but you need to deal with the ouput power first.
Weber sells attenuators with line outs, plenty of other places do too but I think Weber are the cheapest.

I think a better idea than trying to knock a 60W output section down to line level would be to just take the signal off the preamp. There's no point in letting the organ amplify it all the way up to the speaker output just so you can pad it down again. It's unnecessarily complex and it's probably going to sound worse.

I was thinking about wiring in an effects loop, the only issue is that I'm not sure how to find where the audio signal enters the amplifier and how to test if I'm right with a multimeter. (I thought maybe reading for voltage spikes when I press down the keys?) (or using an oscillator from electronics lab)
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by ToneMasterDelux
I was thinking about wiring in an effects loop, the only issue is that I'm not sure how to find where the audio signal enters the amplifier and how to test if I'm right with a multimeter. (I thought maybe reading for voltage spikes when I press down the keys?) (or using an oscillator from electronics lab)

Totally unnecessary. Find a schematic or just trace until you get to the power section ICs (I assume it's not tube, but same thing there but for the power tubes/phase inverter).