Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, after getting back into guitar, I've decided I want to get something on the cheaper side with that strat sound. I have an LTD EC-100QM with upgraded PUPs which I love playing, but I want to dive in the single coil game. Plus the strats an iconic guitar, and I figure I want to pick a cheap one up. After some research I've seen that the Squier Classic Vibe 50 seems to be great for the price, and sounds pretty good. I want your guys' professional (or non-professional) input on this. I like that it has a thinner neck. What do you guys who have played this know about it? Ill be running it through a Marshall DSL 401 with some pedals like a Big Muff Pi, MXR Chorus, and a WAH.
what's your rough budget and location (country)? just in case there are other options.

(I've never got round to trying the CVs You sort of hear conflicting things- a lot of people praise them, but you do hear enough people who know what they're talking about querying what all the fuss is about to make you wonder... or at least to make me wonder. )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im in no need of a new guitar, but im letting curiosity get to me, so budget wise probably around the same price of a brand new classic vibe 50, so around $400. However if I could find one used thats cheaper that'd be great too. Location is Rochester New York. The videos i've watched on the strat look good but I want an opinion if anyone has actually picked one up that can talk it up (or down).
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's your rough budget and location (country)? just in case there are other options.

(I've never got round to trying the CVs You sort of hear conflicting things- a lot of people praise them, but you do hear enough people who know what they're talking about querying what all the fuss is about to make you wonder... or at least to make me wonder. )

according to his info US. actually he lives pretty close to me.

the CV's are pretty decent guitars overall. the downside of the 50s is the laquered neck. if you aren't used to that they can be rather slippery. the pickups are ok but nothing to write home about. for what a new one of those costs you can get a used MIM (well for a few bucks more)

dude just go down to the House of Guitars or much closer to the Guitar Center in Henrietta and try out a few.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Yeah I've heard that there was a House of Guitars pretty close to here, and that guitar center on henrietta is minutes away from me so I most likely will. I actually came across this on craigslist, http://rochester.craigslist.org/msg/4888439555.html but I would obviously need real pictures.

the HOG is a bit of a trip from RIT but is worth going to for the experience there isn't another music store like it anywhere.

try GC for used first. that MIM is priced the same as one at GC but of course has no warranty. the pic is a generic one from the net which always makes me wonder cuz the guy said it's "mint". Rochester has a bunch of music stores so check the yellow pages and if you have time check them out. Sound Source is a good place and that's where i have my tech work done for guitars and amps.
Awesome. I inherited my fathers Peavey Patriot from 1983, I actually still have the original receipt from when he bought it, and I'd love to get some work done to it to bring it back up to speed as the years have not been kind. But I will for sure go check out the one at GC.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Awesome. I inherited my fathers Peavey Patriot from 1983, I actually still have the original receipt from when he bought it, and I'd love to get some work done to it to bring it back up to speed as the years have not been kind. But I will for sure go check out the one at GC.

DO NOT go to GC for any kind of guitar or amp work. they just farm it out if anything serious and the in store guitar tech seems to change every few months (they charge to much as well). can't promise that there are any used Strats at GC right this minute but i would look before buying from CL (unless you can get a great deal).
Yeah I was talking about checking out the Sound Source place to get work done, and GC for a used Fender MIM to try one out.
So has anyone used both the classic vibe 50 and the MIM strats? Curious about their pros snd cons vs one another. Can't really trust YouTube videos. And I may only be able to try out an MIM in person.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
So has anyone used both the classic vibe 50 and the MIM strats? Curious about their pros snd cons vs one another. Can't really trust YouTube videos. And I may only be able to try out an MIM in person.

i've played both and own a MIM. the necks have a different feel due to the laquer on the CV. MIMs tend to have a satin finish neck which i personally greatly prefer. the pickups are different. MIMs have ceramic pups and tend to be a little ballsier. CVs have pickuks based more towards the origianl 50s ones which are very clean with a low output.

Guitar Center has Both types in stock most of the time so you will be able to sit down with them and compare.
Okay cool. I like the feel of the neck on the Jackson Dinky Dkxt. However I don't like the rest of the guitar too much. Do either of the necks on those compare at all? I'll try to get into guitar center as soon as I can
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Okay cool. I like the feel of the neck on the Jackson Dinky Dkxt. However I don't like the rest of the guitar too much. Do either of the necks on those compare at all? I'll try to get into guitar center as soon as I can

no. jacksons have at least a 12" radius and many have a compound radius the starts at 12 and goes to 16. fender uses a 9.5" radius which is rounder. strat neck won't feel like a shred style neck. the CV as i mentioned for the maple fingerboard has a fairly thick finish on it which if you aren't used to will feel strange and kinda slippery.
Tried out an HSS today and it was pretty awesome. The neck felt really nice and sounded pretty good too. Gonna look around for the best deal on a used one that's not too beat up and pull the trigger. Didn't have a chance at a squire classic vibe butto really enjoyed the strat. The neck feels a little similar to my Peavey Patriot from 83.
Quote by monwobobbo
the HOG is a bit of a trip from RIT but is worth going to for the experience there isn't another music store like it anywhere.

try GC for used first. that MIM is priced the same as one at GC but of course has no warranty. the pic is a generic one from the net which always makes me wonder cuz the guy said it's "mint". Rochester has a bunch of music stores so check the yellow pages and if you have time check them out. Sound Source is a good place and that's where i have my tech work done for guitars and amps.

+1

I love taking a trip to the HOG, although it's about an hour and a half or slightly more (depending on construction ). My collection's filled out enough by this point that I usually don't spend tons of time in there anymore like I used to so I usually have something pretty specific in mind I want to look at or try when I go out there and the funds on hand to make the it worth the trip if I like what I see. On the up side, they do recognize me when I come in (as well as at Taci's where I stop for a Garbage plate on the way out most trips) so its usually a nice way to spend an afternoon for me.

But back on point, yes, HOG has tons of stuff to go try out and a whole room full of amps to try it out on. I like the sales staff there better than my local GC even though they are usually a million times busier. Less obtrusive, more helpful. Kurt in particular, has taken good care of me over the years, on purchases large and small, which is a good part of the reason I continue to go back, the other being, they're an indy rather than a chain and they aren't priced ludicrously like some of my local indies.
Quote by Hydra26
+1

I love taking a trip to the HOG, although it's about an hour and a half or slightly more (depending on construction ). My collection's filled out enough by this point that I usually don't spend tons of time in there anymore like I used to so I usually have something pretty specific in mind I want to look at or try when I go out there and the funds on hand to make the it worth the trip if I like what I see. On the up side, they do recognize me when I come in (as well as at Taci's where I stop for a Garbage plate on the way out most trips) so its usually a nice way to spend an afternoon for me.

But back on point, yes, HOG has tons of stuff to go try out and a whole room full of amps to try it out on. I like the sales staff there better than my local GC even though they are usually a million times busier. Less obtrusive, more helpful. Kurt in particular, has taken good care of me over the years, on purchases large and small, which is a good part of the reason I continue to go back, the other being, they're an indy rather than a chain and they aren't priced ludicrously like some of my local indies.

cool another upstate new yorker. i rarely get to the HOG these days but have bought several axes there over the years. love the days when they have custom shop guitars just sitting out on stands Garbage Plate..... yum.... wonder if i can talk the mrs into going.
Now what do you guys think of a Standard MIM vs an HSS? I love my esp but I'm looking for that signature strat sound since I feel everyone should have at least one. How does the sound compare?
The general rule of quality is:

Squier < MIM < MIA

Arguably, the CV Squiers are darn good for the price, some say they rival the MIM or MIA. I've heard a CV Tele that sounded a slight bit better than a 52 reissue (but that's preference). But also at that point you are sacrificing component quality for budget. MIM strats are good too. It really depends on the price and condition. You can also get the guitar set up properly, which can drastically change the playability and sound of the guitar, and bump the price up a fair amount.

I would try to compare the CV to the MIM as close as possible. They are both going to sound like Strats, but it is up to your preference and budget. Keep in mind set up pricing and what-not.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 14, 2015,
I don't have the opportunity to try out a classic vibe but I have tried out a MIM and thought it was really nice. Just gonna shop around a little bit to see if I can come across CV
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Now what do you guys think of a Standard MIM vs an HSS? I love my esp but I'm looking for that signature strat sound since I feel everyone should have at least one. How does the sound compare?

totally up to you. you want authentic strat sound then SSS. split humbuckers give a serviceable sound but aren't quite the same as a single coil. from a versatility standpoint many will say go with the HSS . still get the strat sound on middle and neck pups and more balls on the bridge. personally i like single coils in my strats i have other guitars to do the humbucking thing.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock

if you want it to sound as much like a strat as possible, you need it to be SSS. Conversely, if you want some strat sounds (3/5) but the added versatility (basically suitability for rockier/heavier tones) afforded by having a bridge humbucker in there as well, get the HSS.

EDIT: It's worth pointing out that you aren't stuck whichever way you go, though- far as I'm aware (don't quote me, check with Fender to be sure ) SSS strats are routed for a bridge humbucker anyway, so if you change your mind you can put a humbucker into an SSS strat without too much bother (you just need to buy a new humbucker, a new HSS pickguard and solder it in, or pay someone to solder it in for you). Ditto with the HSS version (except you just buy a bridge single coil and an SSS pickguard).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 14, 2015,
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you want it to sound as much like a strat as possible, you need it to be SSS. Conversely, if you want some strat sounds (3/5) but the added versatility (basically suitability for rockier/heavier tones) afforded by having a bridge humbucker in there as well, get the HSS.

EDIT: It's worth pointing out that you aren't stuck whichever way you go, though- far as I'm aware (don't quote me, check with Fender to be sure ) SSS strats are routed for a bridge humbucker anyway, so if you change your mind you can put a humbucker into an SSS strat without too much bother (you just need to buy a new humbucker, a new HSS pickguard and solder it in, or pay someone to solder it in for you). Ditto with the HSS version (except you just buy a bridge single coil and an SSS pickguard).

you are correct it will be routed HSS so you can do as you said and convert with a pickguard change.
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Hey guys, after getting back into guitar, I've decided I want to get something on the cheaper side with that strat sound. I have an LTD EC-100QM with upgraded PUPs which I love playing, but I want to dive in the single coil game. Plus the strats an iconic guitar, and I figure I want to pick a cheap one up. After some research I've seen that the Squier Classic Vibe 50 seems to be great for the price, and sounds pretty good. I want your guys' professional (or non-professional) input on this. I like that it has a thinner neck. What do you guys who have played this know about it? Ill be running it through a Marshall DSL 401 with some pedals like a Big Muff Pi, MXR Chorus, and a WAH.

I have two Squier Classic Vibe '50s strats. One is a beautiful Lake Placid Blue and the other is a vintage sunburst. The Lake Placid Blue one has been upgraded by me with Fender Custom Shop Texas Special pickups, a white pearl pickguard, Fender American string trees, an American strat five way switch, and beautiful brushed chrome Fender Locking Tuners. I suppose it isn't a Classic Vibe any more, but it is a really awesome guitar and one of my nicest strats, comparing very well to my American Standard Strat.

My vintage sunburst Classic Vibe strat '50s is stock and it is a very nice guitar with great tone. The pickups are very good in my opinion and will satisfy many the discerning guitar player. The CV's are extremely well accepted among serious guitar players and professionals and there are reasons for that - quality, feel, sound, look, etc.

You would be doing well to find a nice brand new CV Fifties strat and work your best deal with the "manager" at Guitar Center. You have a great amp to play it thru. I personally think that the CV's are nicer than many stock MIM strats, although a MIM strat that has been fixed up, hot rodded, etc., can be a great guitar. I personally would want to get a brand new guitar and make it mine. Once in a while I will buy a used guitar though.

I like the CV guitars so much that I purchased a Classic Vibe Butterscotch Blonde with black pickguard and amber maple fretboard telecaster. I really like this tele and it was a better guitar by "far" than my new MIM Fender tele Standard I bought as a souvenir at GC in Nashville. I replaced the pickups in that MIM tele with Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro tele pickups and it now sounds super great, but the CV sounds just as good. The Fender is nothing to scoff at though and has a very nice satin neck, but I dig the thin neck on the CV tele. The CV tele is stock and has brass barrel compensated bridge saddles (3). It is a beautiful guitar that feels and plays great and looks beautiful. Stock it is a great guitar and many, many serious guitar players will attest to this without reservation.

I'd say go down to the guitar shop and buy the CV strat of your choice, that feels and plays the best, with the best sound. Don't go so much by color, but try to find a color that you really dig. Most of the CV Fifties colors are very cool anyway, so that is not a problem.

I think you will be really be happy with a CV strat and be glad you got it, knowing that it is brand new for you to break in and make your own, and that it plays great out of the box. I bet you can get them to do a set up for you for no extra cost, especially at GC.

I would have them pay close attention to binding of the strings in the nut slots. This is the main thing I have noticed with my strats that keeps them going out of tune - they stick in the nut slots after using the trem even moderately. They slide back and forth in the nut slots when you use the trem, ever so slightly, but when they bind the guitar will not go back into perfect tune. If you have the nut slots sanded (the sides of them) so that the strings pull straight up and out of the nut slots without any resistance, you will have a guitar that will stay in tune without problem, in most cases. New tuners, etc., are worthless if the strings are binding in the nut slots. I sand my own nut slots a little wider when I find that they are binding.

Also, get and put on a brand new set of strings. The strings on new guitars have been on there for a while and often are not great strings to begin with. Replace one string at a time and keep the strat in tune when you re-string it. It will keep the trem under stress and save you the problem of tuning up a trem equipped guitar that has had all the strings removed and then new ones put on all at the same time. You will have to tune and re-tune it time and time again until you get the trem to set right with the bridge plate in relation to the top of the guitar. Just replace one string at a time and keep it in tune as you go - believe me, you will be glad you did.

My recommendation, obviously, is to go for the new CV, get it done and be happy with a very excellent guitar, straight out of the box - without buying someone else's problems or heavily used guitar. There are some great used guitars out there though. I bought two mint used PRS SE's for 200 each, out the door - just as nice as my new ones I have bought since. You just have to be very careful and know you will be happy with the used purchase. Buy new and get the guarantee, set up, complimentary items like strings, etc.

Let us know how you make out.

Used guitars can be a real value as well, no problem there. And a brand new Fender MIM strat, with a set up, for 100 dollars more is not a bad idea at all and you can fix it up and upgrade it later as you feel like it and use it stock for a long time too. I would avoid one of those odd ball MIM strat colors that I have been seeing and get something really beautiful or a three tone sunburst. By the way, the three tone sunburst CV Sixties Strat is very beautiful and it has a dark tortoise pickguard as well.
"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me have got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
I don't have the opportunity to try out a classic vibe but I have tried out a MIM and thought it was really nice. Just gonna shop around a little bit to see if I can come across CV

Noticing this inconveniencing detail, instead of driving a million miles, why not just pick out a nice CV Fifties strat from one of the big internet places with a good return policy and order one with two day shipping for a couple bucks more.

Get the CV Fifties that you seem to desire, even after playing a MIM, and have it shipped to you without delay.

I'm sure you will dig it as much as you think you will, but if you don't, send it back and get your money back or get a new MIM one - by then you might have the extra hundred dollars.

My guess is that you will be very satisified with the beautiful CV strat that you get and I'm interested in hearing what you think about it.

I'd say just move ahead and order a CV, sight unseen, off the internet and be done with it. I did this with my new PRS SE Custom 24 - never seen one before, and it is my favorite guitar now, bought sight unseen and never played or even heard played.

If you get the CV I think you will be a very happy dude. Thru your awesome Marshall amp the CV Fifties strat is going to sound wonderful, out of the box, stock.
"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me have got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.
Last edited by DuffB at Feb 14, 2015,
Wow I really appreciate that response I think you just sold me a vibe 50 without even looking at one.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Wow I really appreciate that response I think you just sold me a vibe 50 without even looking at one.

Check this one out in "Sherwood Green" under the color options. No affln. Click on this link. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-classic-vibe-stratocaster-50s-electric-guitar?rNtt=Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster &index=1

This one is very cool too. Click on this link. It's a CV Sixties in three color sunburst (beautiful) and burgundy mist. http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-0303010-LIST

Also, these CV '50s are available in a special anniversary run in metallic gold. I got one of these myself about a month ago and forgot to mention it because it is a special type guitar from the regular CV Fifties. Click on this link. It is a super beautiful guitar and mine has a totally flamed maple neck from the top to the bottom, just stunning. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-classic-vibe-60th-anniversary-stratocaster-electric-guitar?rNtt=Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster &index=3

How do you like that Aztec Gold Squier 60th Anniversary Classic Vibe ’50s Stratocaster that I just got? The gold metallic paint job is beautiful with a very awesome gold metallic tone to it. It is not one of those off color gold guitars that you so often see.

Good luck with making your decision and I hoped I have helped to give you some information and ideas.
Last edited by DuffB at Feb 15, 2015,
Quote by Scibsmetalrock

i'd try before i bought. Duff is a good salesman and very enthusiastic when it comes to gear he likes. as i mentioned the neck will have a very different feel than the MIM. i'm a strat guy but i hate the laquered neck feel. you may love it or may not like it either. if yu've been playing guitars with a rosewood board then it may be a really big change.

didn't GC have any? they usually do
Quote by monwobobbo
i'd try before i bought. Duff is a good salesman and very enthusiastic when it comes to gear he likes. as i mentioned the neck will have a very different feel than the MIM. i'm a strat guy but i hate the laquered neck feel. you may love it or may not like it either. if yu've been playing guitars with a rosewood board then it may be a really big change.

i think you mean poly finished neck.

squiers don't have lacquer finished necks.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by monwobobbo

Both of the two guitar centers I went to did not have any in stock
Quote by monwobobbo

I'm not a salesman monwobo and I like a lot of different gear. I have some strats with the satin finished necks and agree that I like them better too, but price is a variable here and the CV's are okay. You can scotchguard the back of the necks.

I have a few MIM versions of the strat and some of them are super nice; I like them better than the CV's, but again they cost a lot more.

Personally I'm good with a maple fretboard or a rosewood one.

I think the guy should get what he wants within his budget. I think it is cool to have a genuine Fender, absolutely, but the CV's are respected by many - it's not like I'm promoting a guitar that doesn't have a lot of respect from serious players.

What's up monwobo, is there a personal problem going on here between us? I don't mind offering my ideas to the guy but you seem to call me out in specific on points I have made. I think it's time to bury this hatchet and try to help this guy out.

Either the CV or the MIM would be good guitars. A real Fender is always great to own and fix up if necessary. The CV's are very cool too.

I'm not going to criticize your advice, opinions Monwobo, what you offer is good advice. I would appreciate it if you didn't make the discussion a you vs me discussion of ideas. You have yours and I have mine.

You can't assume much about me from what little you know, taken in a very narrow context. I'm sure we disagree on a lot of things like most people do.

Let's not make this between me and you. I think that would be fair to both of us. Send me a personal message and let me know what your concerns are about my approach to my posts. I wouldn't mind discussing it between the two of us, rather than you criticizing me to others. This can be handled respectfully. Let me know what you think. I'm sure we can get past this and the forum will be better for it.
Quote by DuffB
I'm not a salesman monwobo and I like a lot of different gear. I have some strats with the satin finished necks and agree that I like them better too, but price is a variable here and the CV's are okay. You can scotchguard the back of the necks.

I have a few MIM versions of the strat and some of them are super nice; I like them better than the CV's, but again they cost a lot more.

Personally I'm good with a maple fretboard or a rosewood one.

I think the guy should get what he wants within his budget. I think it is cool to have a genuine Fender, absolutely, but the CV's are respected by many - it's not like I'm promoting a guitar that doesn't have a lot of respect from serious players.

What's up monwobo, is there a personal problem going on here between us? I don't mind offering my ideas to the guy but you seem to call me out in specific on points I have made. I think it's time to bury this hatchet and try to help this guy out.

Either the CV or the MIM would be good guitars. A real Fender is always great to own and fix up if necessary. The CV's are very cool too.

I'm not going to criticize your advice, opinions Monwobo, what you offer is good advice. I would appreciate it if you didn't make the discussion a you vs me discussion of ideas. You have yours and I have mine.

You can't assume much about me from what little you know, taken in a very narrow context. I'm sure we disagree on a lot of things like most people do.

Let's not make this between me and you. I think that would be fair to both of us. Send me a personal message and let me know what your concerns are about my approach to my posts. I wouldn't mind discussing it between the two of us, rather than you criticizing me to others. This can be handled respectfully. Let me know what you think. I'm sure we can get past this and the forum will be better for it.

well i wasn't trying to bad mouth you at all. you painted a very rosey picture much like a salesman would which is all that i was saying. you also tend to be very enthusiastic about gear you like. once again nothing wrong with that. i try to keep my advice as subjective as possible pointing out the pros and cons of what is asked about. i certainly want the OP to be happy with his purchase especially if it was done based on something i said.

Duff buddy don't take things said on a board to personally after all it is just opinions. people may well disagree and sometimes not be nice about it (i do try not to be a dick). once again i looked at your profile (something many here don't bother doing) and based on that detemined that you did indeed warrent some respect. obviously you've been playing for a long while and have a bunch of gear. we're fine

DAVE yeah i ment poly but am so used to calling it laquer that i just do.
Quote by monwobobbo
well i wasn't trying to bad mouth you at all. you painted a very rosey picture much like a salesman would which is all that i was saying. you also tend to be very enthusiastic about gear you like. once again nothing wrong with that. i try to keep my advice as subjective as possible pointing out the pros and cons of what is asked about. i certainly want the OP to be happy with his purchase especially if it was done based on something i said.

Duff buddy don't take things said on a board to personally after all it is just opinions. people may well disagree and sometimes not be nice about it (i do try not to be a dick). once again i looked at your profile (something many here don't bother doing) and based on that detemined that you did indeed warrent some respect. obviously you've been playing for a long while and have a bunch of gear. we're fine

DAVE yeah i ment poly but am so used to calling it laquer that i just do.

Okay Bobbo. No problem. Situation understood. We'll move forward on the right foot. Thanks.
Well I made it down to house of guitars and they had a beautiful gold CV strat. I gotta say I prefer the neck on the Cv over the neck on the MIM. But I did not have the chance to play it through an amp because they were closing up
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Well I made it down to house of guitars and they had a beautiful gold CV strat. I gotta say I prefer the neck on the Cv over the neck on the MIM. But I did not have the chance to play it through an amp because they were closing up

if you prefered the neck then go for it. pickups can be changed easy enough. comfortable neck is key for buying a guitar.
Yeah the guys down there said they could probably do 325 for it. I actually think it was a vibe 60 though not 50. Plus I'm going to see what I can get for my Jackson dinky.
Quote by Scibsmetalrock
Yeah the guys down there said they could probably do 325 for it. I actually think it was a vibe 60 though not 50. Plus I'm going to see what I can get for my Jackson dinky.

If that gold one has gold hardware it is the Squire anniversary Classic Vibe 50's. I know because I bought one and dig it.

If you like that guitar, that is a great price on it. I paid 398 for mine, plus tax.

Personally, I think my Aztec Gold Squier Classic Vibe anniversary Fifties strat is a really nice guitar, and I almost always buy Fender guitars, usually MIM versions.

Some other guys on here might have some experience with that gold strat.

Good luck.
Page 1 of 2