So basically, I want an EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff, but I don't need all the DI features and I don't want the big size. All I want is a single pedal sized Bass Big Muff with a blend/mix knob. The switches on the smaller Bass Muffs don't give me the amount of control I want, I just want a proper blend.

$150 absolute upper limit, I would prefer to spend around $100-120.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
So basically, I want an EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff, but I don't need all the DI features and I don't want the big size. All I want is a single pedal sized Bass Big Muff with a blend/mix knob. The switches on the smaller Bass Muffs don't give me the amount of control I want, I just want a proper blend.

$150 absolute upper limit, I would prefer to spend around $100-120.

It's kind of a shame that there isn't more bass effects out there, but there really isn't a HUGE list to choose from. I've always been keen on the Bass Muff Pi, and if you're looking for some extra control maybe throwing an extra EQ in line to shape the tone a little bit more.
so you want something huge sounding like a muff rather than tight and velcroish?

generally you've got two bass options for fuzz: heavy and fat or tight.
mojostompboxes.com
Woolly Mammoth.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you have some soldering skills I have mods I did to a ehx satisfaction fuzz with some cap/diode changes that one setting sounds very nice with bass.

Although might not give you enough versatility. Edit. I didn't see the blend knob either.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Last edited by RJH11 at Feb 12, 2015,
Ask in the bass forum as well, maybe? They're very friendly (and know a lot more about bass than I do).

I was all set to say "Just get the bass big muff" but then I saw you needed it on a knob. I guess if it was that easy you wouldn't have needed to make a thread.

EDIT: ^^ yeah the clips cath's bassist made of the WM clone he got sounded really good from what I remember.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by greeny23
so you want something huge sounding like a muff rather than tight and velcroish?

generally you've got two bass options for fuzz: heavy and fat or tight.

The bass muff tone is pretty much perfect, I haven't heard anything else yet that I like more for bass.

Something fat and massive, almost synth territory. Not tight.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
There are plenty of Mammoth clones about, you don't have to pay $500 for an actual Zvex one. Tim makes them. My bassist uses a Chinese clone.
They're very versatile. They have two fuzz controls; one for the top end and one for the bottom end.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification