So i bought a NEW Vox lil' Night train from GC about 3 days ago. Just today i was playing and for some reason my signal cut out. I checked my cables, they were fine. The i just touched the Treble knob and it came back, but if i struck a chord it would cut out again. Does it need new tubes? the tone isnt really lacking, no feedback either. Any ideas?

Just FYI i have it set to 'THICK" mode. Gain around 1 o 'clock and volume at 9 o ' clock.
Quote by slash11896
So i bought a NEW Vox lil' Night train from GC about 3 days ago. Just today i was playing and for some reason my signal cut out. I checked my cables, they were fine. The i just touched the Treble knob and it came back, but if i struck a chord it would cut out again. Does it need new tubes? the tone isnt really lacking, no feedback either. Any ideas?

Just FYI i have it set to 'THICK" mode. Gain around 1 o 'clock and volume at 9 o ' clock.
Take it back. Demand a refund. If they (or someone below) says it's the tubes, get GC to replace the tubes for you.

Did you get a floor model?
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 12, 2015,
Yeah if you buy something new you want it to (a) be new and working properly and (b) you want to make sure anything you do to fix any niggles doesn't void your warranty. Just in case what you do doesn't fix the problem, or in case something else goes wrong later which you do need to use the warranty for.

You don't have to demand a refund, lol. You can be polite. But yeah if it's new most tube amps have a warranty on the tubes of 90 days I think. So you should be well within that, even if it is just a tube problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
return it. they probably wont fuss about it. you can point it out to them that it was a floor model.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Don't go in guns blazing. Just be nice and explain this issue. Even if it's the floor one consumer law says that you still get a full manufacturer warranty for it, so getting a replacement shouldn't be an issue.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Don't go in guns blazing. Just be nice and explain this issue. Even if it's the floor one consumer law says that you still get a full manufacturer warranty for it, so getting a replacement shouldn't be an issue.

good wisdom. be nice, you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sorry, I have an inherent skepticism with buying used/floor models... :/
i once killed a man

By "demand" I more or less meant "be firm, explain what was going on, ask them to fix it based upon warranties n such" c:
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 13, 2015,
^ Yeah, no worries. Just clarifying in case he got the wrong end of the stick since nuance and humour don't come across too well online sometimes

But yeah "polite but firm" is pretty much my MO when it comes to dealing with shops in general.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?