Hey man,

I liked it. It has that indie vibe to it that's soothing. I see myself going on a walk through the woods while this song is played in the background, ever so reassuring me of my destination. It's recorded rather well, but to be honest I think you kind of overdid it with the vocals. As in the effects you used. If I were you I would lower the echo/reverb on the vocals. But it's a ice song nonetheless .
Hi man thanks for the nice feedback, Yeah the guy that mixed/mastered this track over did them a little bit so they were changed and some of the delay was taken away but still a lot there haha
cool kinda beatles style....the lyrics...r all over the place and don't make much sence..."with a cigarette on"? why does walking with a rain coat on mean something went wrong? the guy in the song needs to go to a strip club or have sex with a hooker..then he wont have to sing this anymore...just being completely honest man. I did like the vibe and the arrangement.. I would just chance the lyrics..make it a song about chilling on a mountain or something...not about what went wrong.. crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33256003#post33256003
haha no the lyrics from that part say'' walking in the rain with no rain coat on'' its got loads of reverb and delay so you may miss a few words and I guess the lyrics kind of come with the way I speak as people say got a fag on, but I said cigarette as fag don't fit. Its my Nottinghamshire accent and way I speak but yah thanks for the feedback man really appreciate any input and criticism. Ill C4C you track too
I love the feel of this track! the vocals go really well with the guitar
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Nice feeling in this one! Really like the retro style you've got going here. Would be nice to hear with the vocals a bit more up close, with less reverb. The minimalistic arrangement fits perfect with the tune though.

Feel like going to get a cigarette on.
Quote by 1111belphegor
Nice feeling in this one! Really like the retro style you've got going here. Would be nice to hear with the vocals a bit more up close, with less reverb. The minimalistic arrangement fits perfect with the tune though.

Feel like going to get a cigarette on.

Haha thanks for the nice feedback man, really appreciate it
I liked it, but it feels to me like an interlude type song. A short mood changer for the next part of an album. Don't get me wrong, it would be a really good interlude song, but I don't think the concept feels strong enough to be so long without significant dynamic changes. Even the title line would work really well for that!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1670501
Cool, chilled, Indy vibe.

Generally not my thing, but I was engaged from start to finish. Good work.

I'm hearing some additional percussion being progressively added after the half-way mark. As the groove is an implied triplet pulse (1-&-a-2-&-a-3), it would be great to have some shaker related percussion capitalize on this later in the piece as a point of interest.

I agree with "andreicristian's" remark on the vocal effects being a little too much. I know this it typically a taste thing, but I believe the reverbs early reflections (or first perception) is a different level and sound space to the other recorded tracks. This is no biggy however.
Quote by andyrooj
Cool, chilled, Indy vibe.

Generally not my thing, but I was engaged from start to finish. Good work.

I'm hearing some additional percussion being progressively added after the half-way mark. As the groove is an implied triplet pulse (1-&-a-2-&-a-3), it would be great to have some shaker related percussion capitalize on this later in the piece as a point of interest.

I agree with "andreicristian's" remark on the vocal effects being a little too much. I know this it typically a taste thing, but I believe the reverbs early reflections (or first perception) is a different level and sound space to the other recorded tracks. This is no biggy however.

Hi man thanks for the feedback, yeah I totally agree with your percussion comment. when I go in to the studio eventually ill be adding things like that so thanks for the suggestion
Vocals sound a little War On Drugs-esque imo. I think it's the effects on the voice mainly. I like the twinkly piano. I actually really dig it. I would listen to this if it came on the radio but it would need to be more tight to good enough to buy
Quote by HAdam1
Vocals sound a little War On Drugs-esque imo. I think it's the effects on the voice mainly. I like the twinkly piano. I actually really dig it. I would listen to this if it came on the radio but it would need to be more tight to good enough to buy

Hi man, thanks for the feedback really nice comment! Anything you want me to crit of yours?