Ive got my Ibanez edge trem level with the body, and that's all good, however, when using the trem, I pull it back and let it go, the tuning will supposedly go higher, but when I push it forward it goes back to normal. this can be inconvenient if I need to pull the trem back in a song, as until I push it towards the body again, it will be out of tune. how can I fix this?
ummm... let it go. when you pull up if you release the trem it should go back to original position and be in tune. if you don't want to do it that way then position the bar so it is facing backwards and then you can push down on it with your hand to up the pitch. just stop pushing and once agai it should return to pitch.
I said I let it go, which is the whole point, I let go and the tuning is slightly highe than after I push it forward
Quote by scarry2506
Ive got my Ibanez edge trem level with the body, and that's all good, however, when using the trem, I pull it back and let it go, the tuning will supposedly go higher, but when I push it forward it goes back to normal. this can be inconvenient if I need to pull the trem back in a song, as until I push it towards the body again, it will be out of tune. how can I fix this?

setup issue or your knife edge is worn. either way take it in for a setup
i don't think an edge is meant to be level

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm#ED

now, whether that'll solve your problem is another thing. but i figured it was worth pointing out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OK if I understand this, you push the trem bar toward the guitar body, lowering string pitch, then let it go and it comes back sharp.

Common problem, happens with most Fender style tremolos. The strings get in a bind in the nut slots and don't come back to their original position, the nut slots are tight enough to hold the strings so they stay a little sharp.

The only thing I've ever seen that will cure it entirely is a locking nut. A couple of other things will help without going that extreme. Get a set of cutting torch tip cleaners and find the right sizes, file the nut slots slightly to widen them a little. It doesn't take much and be very careful to not make them any deeper.

I also put some graphite from a #2 pencil in my nut slots at ever string change, this adds a little lubrication so the strings can move in the nut slots a little easier.

This little gizmo will help a little too, I have one on my Squier Strat. It doesn't stop it entirely either but it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-099-0811-000-Hipshot-Tremsetter/dp/B002LBTHGE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423879456&sr=8-2&keywords=Hipshot+Tremsetter

Between the tremsetter and the graphite, the Strat does pretty good, but I still have strings come back sharp pretty often and have to pull up on the individual strings to get them to drop back into place.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
OK if I understand this, you push the trem bar toward the guitar body, lowering string pitch, then let it go and it comes back sharp.

Common problem, happens with most Fender style tremolos. The strings get in a bind in the nut slots and don't come back to their original position, the nut slots are tight enough to hold the strings so they stay a little sharp.

The only thing I've ever seen that will cure it entirely is a locking nut. A couple of other things will help without going that extreme. Get a set of cutting torch tip cleaners and find the right sizes, file the nut slots slightly to widen them a little. It doesn't take much and be very careful to not make them any deeper.

I also put some graphite from a #2 pencil in my nut slots at ever string change, this adds a little lubrication so the strings can move in the nut slots a little easier.

This little gizmo will help a little too, I have one on my Squier Strat. It doesn't stop it entirely either but it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-099-0811-000-Hipshot-Tremsetter/dp/B002LBTHGE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423879456&sr=8-2&keywords=Hipshot+Tremsetter

Between the tremsetter and the graphite, the Strat does pretty good, but I still have strings come back sharp pretty often and have to pull up on the individual strings to get them to drop back into place.

he has a locking trem
my Kahler was doing the same thing as yours in my 1986 G&L Rampage , mine would stay sharp or flat depending on how you let go .... my local dealer installed some new old stock Bass springs for a Kahler Bass tremolo set up , all I can say is that the original springs must have been weak because it works excellent now ..... not sure if your trem is the same way ?.. but you might ask a good guitar tech