I didn't notice till after i was finished..does this matter? It was my first time stringing a classical. If it does matter can i unstring and restring using the same strings?
Personally I would restring them. Although I am not sure how stringing them that way would effect tone and how the strings feel I assume it wouldn't make that much of a difference.
And everything that once was
infinitely far
and unsayable is now
unsayable
and right here in the room.

- Franz Wright
Me too, I would leave it alone till your next string change. If you change it you'll have weak spots where the strings are already wound and kinked around the wrong pegs. That will probably give you problems with tuning and almost certainly reduce string life. If you want to redo it right get 3 new strings.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
it wont affect anything other than it being awkward to tune when you end up reaching for the wrong tuning peg.
what paleo pete said, also, once you're sure the strings are staying in place, cut off the excess, it'll ring against the head while you're playing, sounding like fret buzz almost, also cut off too much excess at the bottom if there's any
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
You have increased the angle between the nut slot and the tuner. It may cause the strings to stick in the nut resulting in unstable tuning.
I'm in line with the "leave it alone" camp. The strings have already been kinked at the wrong place at the tuners, and removing and replacing them will almost certainly kill them.

Steel strings will absolutely sound off, if a string has been kinked any place else than the tuning peg. Whether the effect is as severe with nylon strings, I know not. But still, I wouldn't want to chance it.

As someone pointed out, it will be a bit confusing to tune. I doubt the angles will cause too much of a problem, but if you have tuning problems from the strings sticking in the nut, you will have to change the set.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 15, 2015,