Page 1 of 7
I just tried to sign up but (assuming I did it correctly which I think I did) the cheapest plan I can get is $200 which is half of my monthly income, so no healthcare for me. I thought this shit was supposed to be affordable for poor people?
Nope. Company provided healthcare.

Quote by bradulator
I thought this shit was supposed to be affordable for poor people?
I'm pretty sure if you're on $400 on month the ACA says you're too poor to have mandatory health insurance.

Wouldn't be surprised if this shit balloons to new heights. FAFSA was supposed to make college more affordable....oh wait no it just enabled schools to raise tuition by 1000000%. Libtards strike again!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 13, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi
Nope. Company provided healthcare.

I'm pretty sure if you're on $400 on month the ACA says you're too poor to have mandatory health insurance.

Wouldn't be surprised if this shit balloons to new heights. FAFSA was supposed to make college more affordable....oh wait no it just enabled schools to raise tuition by 1000000%. Libtards strike again!

After spending the last 10 minutes researching this, I apparently fall into this "coverage gap." States can opt out of an Obamacare provision that expands medicaid to include poor single adults. Oklahoma has opted out. Therefore, I am not eligible for medicaid despite being poor. And adults with no children who make less than $11,000 are not eligible for health care subsidies. So basically in the states who have opted out, you are screwed if you are a college student/young adult who is poor, has no kids, is not disabled, and is not on their parents' health insurance plan.

thanks obama and republicans
Who needs Obamacare?

#straya#medicare
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by bradulator
After spending the last 10 minutes researching this, I apparently fall into this "coverage gap." States can opt out of an Obamacare provision that expands medicaid to include poor single adults. Oklahoma has opted out. Therefore, I am not eligible for medicaid despite being poor. And adults with no children who make less than $11,000 are not eligible for health care subsidies. So basically in the states who have opted out, you are screwed if you are a college student/young adult who is poor, has no kids, is not disabled, and is not on their parents' health insurance plan.

thanks obama and republicans

Thanks Oklahoma

no but seriously wtf are you doing in this shithole state you should move

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Canadian here.

I once went to the doctor because I had a cold and they did an x-ray of my chest and gave me antibiotics. None of which I had to pay for.
I'm insured through my employer. They only take out $84 a month from my pay check, so I guess I can't complain (I only make $9 an hour though).
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by metal4eva_22
Canadian here.

I once went to the doctor because I had a cold and they did an x-ray of my chest and gave me antibiotics. None of which I had to pay for.

that's incredibly irresponsible.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Did they ever pass that thing that fines you like 1,200 a year if you don't buy insurance? Why can't the US just join the rest of civilized society and provide free heath care? If canada can do it we surely can..

I can't even go to the ER without having to pay right then and there on whatever plan im on .
Last edited by Wormholes at Feb 13, 2015,
This makes me incredibly thankful I live in Australia. I've never had to pay more than $10 for anything regarding healthcare, and that was for a prescription for antibiotics.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
that's incredibly irresponsible.

I once went to the doctor because I was hung over and they gave me morphine then injected some stem cells into my liver. None of which I had to pay for.
Quote by metal4eva_22
I once went to the doctor because I was hung over and they gave me morphine then injected some stem cells into my liver. None of which I had to pay for.

I've never heard of stem cells for a liver after drinking, I've been admitted for alcohol poisoning two or three times and they just give me ativan, and an IV of vitamins and fluids.
I just turned 25 and I'm still on my mom's insurance.

Thank Obama! (actually thanks, I'm a fan)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by metal4eva_22
Let's not forget the time you stubbed your toe and they hooked you up with a toe cast with some muscle relaxers and antibiotics. None of which you had to pay for.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by stratkat
I've never heard of stem cells for a liver after drinking, I've been admitted for alcohol poisoning two or three times and they just give me ativan, and an IV of vitamins and fluids.

That's because stem cells are illegal in burgerland. They actually make your liver stronger and better. The next time you go the hospital for a hangover you should ask them if stem cells are right for you.
Quote by metal4eva_22

that's incredibly incredible

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Axelfox
Isn't Papa Johns and such against Obamacare?

Yes, and "Papa" John is a massive "I'm rich, you're not, suck it" d-bag...
hi brad, great question.
since i am 24, i am still on my dad's insurance plan (thnx obama). hopefully i will be gainfully employed or dead before i turn 26.
I'm in the same situation as you, except I live in Ohio so I can get medicaid. And I make more than $400 a month

How do you live on that amount?
Quote by Axelfox
I wonder why papa johns is expensive.

Because Papa John is a greedy **** and doesn't understand that you can pay workers twice as much (including benefits) and they will do three times the work.
Quote by snipelfritz
Because Papa John is a greedy **** and doesn't understand that you can pay workers twice as much (including benefits) and they will do three times the work.

dat banana pepper, tho
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I'm in the same situation as you, except I live in Ohio so I can get medicaid. And I make more than $400 a month

How do you live on that amount?

Sleeping in the basement of my family's house that has been foreclosed as long as possible and eating 1 meal a day
Yes and it's saved me thousands since I was finally able to get the MRI's that I have needed for years and had never been able to afford.
i'm apparently covered by my mom's insurance until i'm 26.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Seriously, who are these idiots acting like they don't need health insurance? We live in the first world you stupid ****s. Take advantage of it.
Health insurance agent here! If you live in a state that didn't expand Medicaid, you can use a Medicaid (or state program such as Healthy Indiana Plans) denial letter to get a hardship exemption from the coverage penalty.
Quote by ulyssescanton1
Health insurance agent here! If you live in a state with a ****ing ****** for a governor...

wisdom.
Sameish boat. Can't afford real or government insurance so I'm rolling without it for a year I suppose.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
This makes me incredibly thankful I live in Australia. I've never had to pay more than $10 for anything regarding healthcare, and that was for a prescription for antibiotics.

Yeah but if it were up to Abbott we'd all be paying for every visit to the GP. I'm glad I'm still able to walk into a medical center, see a doctor, get a prescription and walk out, all without paying a buck.