I just recently installed 12 gauge strings on my M-103FM ESP LTD.
However the tension in the strings is so high that if i go to standard tuning/Eb/D standard
the whole floyd rose bridge rises even at the lowest spring position.....
The action is medium and can do with some reduction.
Any solutions to the problem.....Thanks
Buy another guitar. There's a good reason why trem users use multiple guitars when they use multiple tunings.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You can't switch around tunings on an unblocked Floyd. It's just not a practical possibility in any way.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Welcome to owning a Floyd Rose. It isn't that you can't change tunings, it's that every time you do, even by 1/2 step, you have to readjust the balance of the springs in the guitar. Larger strings = more string tension at any given tuning. So if you tune up, you have to tighten the springs in the guitar or even add a spring or two, depending on how much you're changing your tuning. A Floyd is balanced when the bridge is flat and parallel to the guitar body.

Most people find it a lot more convenient to just get another guitar.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Either lessen your gauge to something less silly for E standard, or buy a new guitar.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
When I first read this I thought it was about a shotgun

But yeah easiest option is just to use lighter gauge strings, honestly I play in drop C most the time and use 10-52s and they're perfect for my guitars, way less hassle than re-setting up the floyd/truss/action
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
Quote by rhett.dsouza.7
I just recently installed 12 gauge strings on my M-103FM ESP LTD.
However the tension in the strings is so high that if i go to standard tuning/Eb/D standard
the whole floyd rose bridge rises even at the lowest spring position.....
The action is medium and can do with some reduction.
Any solutions to the problem.....Thanks

Lots of solutions, all related to a basic Floyd setup.

First, why do you have 12's on the guitar? Do you just prefer to play that thickness of string or is it necessary for a tuning you use a lot?

Floyd tension is balanced between the strings and the springs in the spring cavity. You can increase the spring tension by opening the cavity and screwing in the two wood screws that are holding in the spring "claw". You MAY find that you only have two or three springs back there (that's the usual number for, say, 10's) and that you need to add a spring or two to balance higher tension strings.

Action is another thing entirely; if you've put thicker or higher tension strings on there, you'll want to check the nut, the height of the bridge, the truss rod setting (relief). All of that can be adjusted (assuming you have level frets) to an action level that's a lot more comfortable.

One glitch.

If you're going to change tunings often, that string tension is going to change, and the setup may change with it.

If you've got a Floyd on the guitar, you're going to find yourself locking and unlocking the nut, tuning the guitar, adjusting everything, and then locking everything back down.

I decided that it wasn't worth it. I bought a Line 6 Variax guitar. Specifically, I bought the only Variax that comes with a Floyd, the JTV-89F. With that guitar I can leave 9's or 10's on it all the time, tuned to standard (E). I rotate a knob and I'm in another tuning instantly, and each individual string can be tuned an octave up or down without ever changing the tension on the strings or the Floyd. If you change tunings frequently, it's the only way to fly.